Chapter 5 |:| Goodbye

Mulai dari awal

He handed me Vulpix's pokeball and i immediately sent it out. Vulpix gave me a happy mew, and it looked as pristine as ever. I picked it up and stuffed its pokeball into my pocket.

As we exited the pokemon centre, he asked me, "So, how come you always keep Vulpix out of its ball?"

Vulpix whipped around to glare at him, almost as if telling him to mind his own business. I answered his question without much thought.

"My dad said that i need to be friends with Vulpix, and that the best way to do that is by spending time with it, so ive been going around all day with it out of its pokeball." I shrugged.

"Annnnd how come you carry it everywhere? It can walk y'know" he laughed.

"Well of course it can, but i think it has some sort of issue with getting dirty? Anyway, i dont mind carrying it, its pretty light and its not like its gonna get much bigger than this" i giggled.

"Until it evolves"

"Huh?"

"Well you know, if you want it to get as strong as it possibly can, it'll have to evolve. I can hook you up with an ice stone if you want" he said casually, stretching out his arms.

Vulpix looked up at me with innocent eyes, and i couldnt help but feel a little annoyed that Leon talked about Vulpix's evolution as if it was my decision.

"Well, thats Vulpix's choice to make. Besides, i dont think we're quite ready for that anyway, after all, i've only been with Vulpix for a day" i said, keeping my gaze on the road and hugging Vulpix tight.

Leon could sense that he'd hit a nerve and stopped talking, eventually we made it to the crossroad where it forked off in the direction of my house, and his.

"So...goodnight" i blurted awkwardly.

"Yeah...goodnight" muttered Leon, undoubtedly feeling as awkward as me.

Just as i turned to start walking home, he said something else.

"...Tonight was fun Y/n, lets hang out again" he said warmly.

I turned around in shock. He wants to hang out with me?? The champion??

"Yeah...lets" i smiled.

And with that, we went our separate ways.

I stretched out my body as i blinked away the sunlight shining through my window. Turning my head to the side, i was faced with two icy-blue eyes.

A bolt of adrenaline ran through me before i remembered the events of yesterday.

"Thats right...im a pokemon trainer now"

A day ago, i would have been disgusted with myself for being a trainer, but now, i couldnt help but feel a bit of...pride?

It was a strange feeling, i wasnt used to having postitive emotions because of pokemon.

Now everything was different.

I brought myself to a sitting position and gently picked up Vulpix, placing it in my lap and stroking its fur.

"I should...do something." I blurted out.

Vulpix looked up at me with curious eyes.

I met its gaze and continued my thought. "I have no idea what i want to do with my life...but maybe...if i travel around Galar then i can find a purpose."

Vulpix stood up and pressed its paws to my chest, stretching up its head and booping its cold muzzle against my nose.

"Vul!" It chirped, eagerly showing support for my idea.