•chapter ten•

Start from the beginning

He knew that part of Darcy's contract with AnonymousTravel was to quite literally remain anonymous. A few of the F1 gossip pages had started to piece together parts of the page with the movements of Darcy, which she knew wouldn't end well. And now, with Lando and Max having tagged the blonde in social media posts, Darcy Mac was travelling like wildfire.

"Into me? Daniel Ricciardo? As if?" Darcy scoffed, taking a large gulp of wine. "And you know better than anyone that I don't do relationships...unless Draco Malfoy suddenly becomes a real person!"

Oliver rolled his eyes dramatically. He wasn't one to pass on the gossip his little sister had willingly shared with him, but Daniel Ricciardo was definitely into the blonde. In fact, the Australian had even called Indie to ask for advice on how to get to know Darcy better.

"Oh, I know... I tried very hard!" Oliver laughed with a low tone. "Although little sister best friends are such a cliche,"

Darcy agreed with laughter and passed the wine bottle to Oliver to fill up his glass. Whatever they had was firmly in the past. Darcy and Oliver decided it only happened due to tequila, lack of talent and Indie being so pedantic about planning the most amazing night for Emile's birthday.

Growing up with the Jays and Macs was always fun because all siblings got on individually. Indie and Darcy were the chaotic duos, Darcy and Oliver together were the irresponsible older siblings, and Indie and Tonia were the scheming princesses. The latter seemed to always get their way.

Gaz and Marty would crack open a bottle of whiskey to digest the stress of their high-powered jobs, whilst Penelope and Janie were already into the second bottle of bubbles laughing at how their husbands thought their jobs were tough compared to raising children.

"So, Darcy Mac, tell me, are you ever going to call Daniel back?" Oliver asked, all serious, whilst he flicked through the channels to get to the Arsenal game.

Darcy took a deep breath. "If you are going to question me, at least put the West Ham game on..." she winked.

The only pure rivalry between the Jays and Macs was football. The Jays were loyal to the Gunners and the Macs to the Hammers. It was ironic Darcy should support WHU when Indie's favourite time was Hammertime.

"So you want to talk about the guy you walked out on and be angry at how shit your team plays?" Oscar pondered sarcastically. "How about you tell me why you refuse how great you are, and I'll get you a white claw?"

Darcy laughed. She had forgotten how well Oliver knew her. He was the only person who would actually drink white claw with her. Indie had tried, but she was already too in love with San Pellegrino to substitute, even if white claw was alcoholic.

The duo had a deal, and Oliver excused himself to bring the girl a selection of flavours, including Darcy's favourite - mango. Her true favourite was Watermelon, but for some god-awful reason, it was a USA exclusive.

"Don't tell Indie, but you might be my favourite Jay," Darcy winked as Oliver passed her a cold mango white claw. Yummy.

"Well, that would make me one person's favourite, Jay," Oliver laughed.

He was wrong, though. Whilst Indie was most definitely a Daddy's little Princess and her mum's best friend, Oliver was Penelope's favourite. He was the easiest to raise, and Oliver knew where the line was. So, the opposite of Darcy.

"I do like Daniel," Darcy admitted with a pondering look. "But, I don't want to be a WAG. I want my own life, and as you said, anonymous travel would fire me if I become a person...."

Oliver nodded. He somewhat understood. Darcy had never been someone to want to mooch off anyone else. She was the first of all four to get a job and paid her way through university. However, Darcy puts pride before feelings. Every single time.