Numb.

Or too shocked.

Not only did I found out that my brother is a disgusting human being and that he'll face 20 years in jail, now I also found out that my father passed away.

I felt overwhelmed. So overwhelmed because I feel like everything has fallen on my back.

Now I have to take care for everything.

As much as I wasn't close to my father it still hurt me that he died. He's my father after all and I'm a human with feelings.

I packed some stuff and then left in Monaco with my jet. Through the whole ride I had the biggest migraine. And I felt alone. I felt so miserable because I went through this stuff alone. My mom didn't call me because she is the coldest woman ever, Samuel has enough problems, my friends only gave me their condolence and yes, I didn't need much for them.

However the only reason I feel alone is because I don't have a family.

I don't have a normal family.

Nervous and exhausted, that's how I feel. If only I had fucking- just one person I can rely to. Just one fucking person.

The sound of my phone ringing stopped my pathetic thoughts.

Adeline.

She was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Dion. I came to Sam's house but you're nowhere to be found. Where are you? I just wanted to talk, I know that you're going through some tough time-" she started rambling.

She was too cute that my lips formed a small smirk.

"Sorry," she apologized and took a deep breath. "I talk too much sometimes."

"I'm on my way to Monaco, Adeline. I have to organize my father's funeral."

She stayed silenced for a second. "Oh, alright then, I didn't know. I'm so sorry for your loss, Dion." She sounded kinda disappointed.

"Thank you."

"Have a safe flight."

"Thank you."

"Bye." She said quietly.

"Bye, Adeline."

Fuck...

The way she is so caring even if we're not on our best terms right now makes my fucking heart flutter.

If only I had her next to me right now.

~~~

The next day, me, Samuel and my parents also took a flight and went to Monaco for his grandfather's funeral

The things Sam went through this past month really made me feel so bad for him. Not just for him but also for Dion.

He had so many obligations now and I can only assume how stressed he is. It's not easy to lose a parent. It's my biggest fear.

We went into their Royal Mansion who was so big and built of stones of varying sizes and shapes, each one unique. It looked magical.

Now was full of flowers and long black cars. There was also the hearse which carried the coffin which was also decorated with flowers and a diamond crown.

It was a real Royalty event.

I was dressed in a black, long-sleeved dress who went to my knees. Black high heels, black gloves and a black veiled hat.

Hand in hand with Samuel, we made our way to the Chapel of the Visitation where the funeral is going to be held. There were a lot of people here also. Businessmen, Ministers, Kings, Presidents...

The atmosphere was gloomy and quiet. My eyes caught Dion who stood in the first row. In a black suit that matched the color of his under eyes. I can only imagine how tired he is.

I slid my hand down Samuel's arm and caught his hand in mine. All the while staring at Dion, imagining that I hold his hand and caress it, giving him ressurement. If only he can feel that I'm here and that I want to give him the biggest hug regardless our on and off relationship. Because Dion needed it.

The funeral ended after an hour so now we made our way to the Castle where a feast was held.

All the time me and Samuel were unseparatable. When we entered the Castle, my parents found some of their business friends and went to talk with them. I was so hungry since I haven't eaten all day so I went to the table where the food was placed and grabbed a mini sandwich.

The hall was so big that even if there were a lot of people, it wasn't crowded. I could perfectly find...

Dion.

Who was standing next to a woman.

And I recognized her immediately.

Renee. The famous French interior designer.

And I gulped.

Of course, yeah, he now has a girlfriend. How could I forget? He now has a woman by his side, he doesn't need anyone else.

Call it a girl's reflex but I studied her whole attire. Renee was a very beautiful woman, there was no denying. She had short red hair, very bright greenish eyes, she was tall and with legs who can go on for miles. She looked so gorgeous.

And no, I'm not comparing myself to her, nor I'm trying to bring her down, I'm just admiring a woman's beauty.

I can only say that Dion is lucky and move on.

There's no point in talking bad about their relationship.

And there's no point in thinking about some imaginary "us" anymore.