The Claiming

Chapter 2

{Annabeth POV}

After Laila disarmed Percy, I gawked. She didn't even use a sword! Percy was the best swordsman in the past 3 centuries. And judging by his expression, he hadn't gone easy on her. Who in the world was this girl's parent? Percy had beaten Ares himself. How did she beat him when she had no training whatsoever? Unfortunately, the answers raised even more questions. I barely had time to high-five her before she started glowing, in a silver light. The bow, the moon, the silver light, there was no mistaking it. It was the symbol of Artemis. Oh well, it barely mattered. My plan would not be affected.

{Laila POV}

I didn't get why everyone was staring at me like I grew a second head. I took hint and looked above my head. There was some kind of big bow above me. I looked at my hands. Were they glowing? I rubbed my eyes. Had I gone insane? There was suddenly a bow in my hand and a quiver on my back. What was happening? I looked at Chiron, half expecting him to sprout a unicorn horn. He then said something I wasn't expecting. "Hail, Laila. Daughter of Artemis, goddess of the moon, hunt, and archery." I saw the guy I disarmed look at me in utter disbelief, our green eyes meeting. Hold on, we're my eyes silver? I caught sight of them in my reflection as I looked toward the lake.