Chapter 14: Ikishima Midari

Start from the beginning

"So~?" She put the muzzle of the gun in his abdomen. "It'll be fu~n"

"What the hell are you talking about?" His answer was to be expected. Hell, everyone is thinking the same way, except for the person herself.

"...."

She was flabbergasted by his response that it left her speechless for a while, but she regained her composure a few seconds after.

"You don't get it huh..." She, once again, closed the distance between their faces. But this time, she looked menacing. "You're that afraid of getting hit?"

"It's only a chance of 5 out of 6." Midari inspected the gun in her hand. "If it's me in your shoes, I'd take the offer right away."

Some might think that she is taunting him, or convincing, whatever you want to call it, into accepting her proposal.

However, that wasn't her intention. She is merely stating facts, and while her former statement is correct, the latter is only a matter of courage or preferences.

Even if she'll take the risk if she were on Kiwatari's shoes, that doesn't apply to the person himself.

"If it..." Midari's eyes widened, as if some great idea came into her mind. "That's it! You can shoot!" She rotated the gun in her hand and held the revolver on its barrel, offering the grip of the revolver to Kiwatari.

His expression didn't change, however.

"If no bullet comes out, back off and go home. If a bullet comes out...hehe~" She was snickering the whole time. "I won't be in any state to protest, so you can do anything you want!"

It was a far more insane idea than the actual gamble itself. Though he's already silent, Kiwatari was left speechless.

"The chances of winning might have decreased, but there's absolutely no negative in this for you! I'm the only one who will take on more risk!"

Midari's statement somehow makes sense. Of course, despite the fat chance of her getting shot, it is still a possible. It doesn't erase the fact that the bullet is still there.

The mere fact that there's a bullet in the chamber will make most people back out. It's way too dangerous to accept such a proposal, and Midari must've thought of that, which is why she reversed her initial approach.

Nonetheless, is there really no negatives in this for Kiwatari? If no bullet realy comes out of the gun, then yes, everyone will go home without any worries. He can just do his plans again, given the chance, of course.

However, if a bullet does come out, then he could be imprisoned for killing Midari. Nonetheless, given that things happen differently here at Hyakkaou, the possibility of them brushing it off as an 'outcome of a very, very unlucky gamble is not imposible.

"It's an offer you can't refuse, no? Nothing matters, you just have the one choice of shooting!" She was already feeling excited, even though he hadn't accepted yet. "Come, shoot~!"

*Ehem, phrasing...*

Maybe because of that excitement that Midari failed to think of the possible outcomes that will happen. Either that, or she just couldn't care less whatever the outcome is.

Realistically speaking, there is only 2 possible ways for this to end. Either Kiwatari shoot her and no bullet comes out, or he shoot her and the bullet comes out.

However, that is only the case when he accepts the invitation of the gamble.

"What are you saying. You stupid?" After being silent for the whole time, he finally responded to her.