Chapter 11

I carefully tiptoe down the stairs, hoping no one is awake at this time of night.

The loveseat in the bedroom is not so comfortable to say the least. Sebastian thought I would want the bed and was in a sour mood, but I told him I'd take the couch. But, even with that, he had a problem.

"You're just saying that on purpose."

"Saying what on purpose?"

"That you'll sleep on the couch."

"I don't understand."

"You'll just nag about it to my father tomorrow and then what's he going to do? He's going to go on and on about how I should be a better man...because of you."

The man child finally relented after thirty minutes of placating him. I blow out a breath as I descend the last stair. Talk about him not being immature.

I silently pray no one sees me like this. I could be practically naked with what I'm wearing. The pink lace slip dress falls to my knees and leaves little to the imagination. There's only one person responsible for this and it's Fiona. She replaced my comfy pajamas with these slip dresses and skimpy lingerie. Honestly, I don't know what she was thinking.

First thing tomorrow, I'll have to buy proper nightwear.

I go into the kitchen and get a cup of ice cold water. I quickly gulp it down and hastily put it back in its place, hoping no one sees me.

I head out of the kitchen and bump into a bar stool when I see Anthony. I would have fallen, if it weren't for the arm around my waist steadying me. Anthony's hazel eyes bore into my face and my cheeks involuntarily burn.

"My arm."

"What?" I look down and see my hand gripping his arm and let go of it.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"What are you doing up so late?"

"I couldn't sleep." I shrug.

"I see. Maybe wearing a little more clothes will help, hmm?"

He brushes past me and I look down at my peaked nipples in shock and embarrassment. I rush up the stairs without another glance. I'm going to kill Fiona.

I get a blanket from the closet, wrap myself in it and fall on the loveseat. It's much more comfortable than my father in law seeing me in these next to nothing slip dresses.
______________________________________

The next morning, I'm shaken awake and wake up with bleary eyes.

"What? What's happening?"

I shoot up off the sofa and blink till my eyes focus on Sebastian.

"What's wrong?"

"Besides your poor choice of clothing?"

I almost blow on his face with my morning breath but repress the urge to.

"Yes, besides that."

"I'm running fucking late and I can't clasp this damn watch."

I look at his watch and clasp it, wondering how that was so difficult.

"Shit. Looks like you're not as dumb as I thought you were."

I roll my eyes at that. "Sure. Have a nice day." I don't think he hears the last words when he's immediately rushing out the door. Okay then.

Seconds later, I hear the purr of a car.

I get up and shower, so I can finally remove the dress that's offended many people.

Coming out, I do my makeup and put on white pants and a white ruffle top. I pair it with a black blazer and black heels. I don't bother carrying a purse. Why bother when you've got pockets?

I leave the room and find a woman in the kitchen. This must be Julia. The same woman who dragged me inside the house during the engagement.

"Hi Julia." I greet her.

She whips around and grins at me.
"You Sebastian's wife, no? Let me get closer look. I was in rush other day." Her Russian accent is strong.

I stand in front of her and she squishes both my cheeks in her hands, reminding me of my grandmother.

She turns my face in all directions and pulls me in for a hug.
"You just gorgeous. What you want for breakfast? I make you. You don't eat, then we have problem."

I laugh. "Whatever you were in the middle of cooking. It smells delicious."

"Ah, you like smell of my Syrniki? Anthony's favorite. That's why I make."

"Well, I can't wait to eat them. Did Sebastian and Anthony eat?"

Her face sours.
"No, they no listen to me. Both fuck off every morning without eating. I pack and send to office."

"That's so nice of you."

She waves it off. "Least I can do."

She moves back to the stove and plates me her Syrniki.

They're basically thick pancakes, dusted with powdered sugar and mixed berries. I take a huge bite out of them and moan loudly. They're the best pancakes or Syrniki I've ever had. It doesn't take me long to finish the plate.

Julia laughs. "Porn noise mean you love my Syrniki."

I blush and nod. "Best I've ever had." I've never had it, but she's doesn't have to know that.

"Thanks Julia."

"Should I drop those off at their office?" I ask her, pointing to the take-out boxes.

"Oh no problem, I ask Gerero to drop them off."

"Who's Gerero?"

"My husband."

"It's fine, I can do it. I'll be going that way." I explain to her.

"If no problem, then thank you."

"No need to thank me Julia. I won't be going anywhere anytime soon."

"Thank God malyshka. They need woman touch in their lives."

I laugh. "But, you're here. I don't think they need anything."

"Looks be deceiving."

I mull over her words as she hands me their breakfasts in two bags.

"Bye Julia. Don't overwork yourself."

She laughs. "Okay dear."

I get into the SUV and drive to Crosswalk Industries. It's a tall structure with sleek chrome framework and glass panels.

I enter into the building and am immediately greeted by a friendly face.

"Hello ma'am, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I came to deliver breakfast to Anthony and Sebastian."

"You are?"

"I'm Charlotte Daymond."

Her eyes widen.
"You're Sebastian's wife."

I smile. "You can say that. So, where do I go?"

She starts fidgeting.
"Mr. Crosswalk works on the 25th floor."

"Is that Anthony or Sebastian?"

"Mr. Anthony."

"What about Sebastian?"

"Mr. Sebastian works on the 24th floor."

"Oh, thank you. I'll get going then."

"Wait! Mr. Sebastian is...with someone."

"Oh. Who?"

"Adeline Ruthfield." I rack my brain for that name, wondering where I've heard it. Then, it clicks. It must be the woman Sebastian loves. I've heard Anthony saying her name at the wedding lunch.

I keep that in mind and go to the 25th floor.