The lights aided her to keep her eyes open but it didn't prevent her from yawning tiredly. She hadn't even played hockey that day and managed to doze off before Portman had, which got him laughing too.

Evangeline pulled the door open first to the dorm building, all doors would be locked by eleven pm and no one would be able to get in until six am when they opened again. The few guards would roam the halls afterward every hour for a check and one would guard the door as the other would guard the campus. The last mishap that happened was when JV had gotten their revenge on Varsity last year, putting Brazilian Fire Ants in their rooms. Portman wasn't there for that, but she remembered it like it was yesterday.

Everyone had been evacuated from the Dorms.

Dean held the door as she slipped in and he followed in after her. Hands were resting in the front pocket of his grey sweater as he took a quick look around the foyer area. Stairs immediately led up or the hallway led straight down to the rooms where certain students or staff bunked.

There was a big common room to the right, where rooms were left, with couches and tables. A small kitchen area was there for students to use. Multiple couches were placed to make small seating areas with two TVs. The wall had a shelving unit covered in board games and more tables were placed for those who wanted to eat or do homework.

He followed her all the way up the stairs and instead of taking a right on the second floor, he veered left to make sure she got to her dorm. He didn't know which dorm was hers, let alone had he seen the female side before. It was identical to the males, the shower room was in the middle of the hall for everyone to access.

Evangeline looked back behind her to see he was still with her and she stumbled when she turned to face forward; causing Dean to react quickly and hold an arm out. The girl laughed quietly in a whisper as he told her to quiet down since others were sleeping.

At the very end of the hall, she approached her dorm and looked at the window between both doors. "You didn't have to walk me back here." She let herself fall back against the wall next to the door, Gloria most likely asleep inside with whale sounds littering the room.

He shrugged, standing in front of her with a hand in his pocket. "Well, I did."

She nodded. "Yeah."

She looked at him through the darkness, able to see every feature and flaw about him as her eyes adjusted to the light. The darkness wasn't scary as she stood face to face with him and she was comfortable just standing with Dean. There wasn't anyone else in the hallway due to curfew being in forty minutes and she figured she should go into her dorm.

Evangeline's eyes lowered and stared at Dean's lips for a second, then looked back up to meet his own eyes. She noticed he was looking at her lips; pupils dancing side to side as he looked her up and down.

It was really quiet among them and she wasn't sure if she liked it or not.

She felt this deep pit of anxiety in her stomach begin to crush her intestines. It was a weak feeling- the kind of one she felt when she went to the carnival on a ride and got scared. But she wasn't scared, it was just the sinking in her stomach that made her think she was.

Dean could only keep looking at her as he slowly leaned in and she watched him, not moving a hair, and saw him approach her.

His hand reached up and grabbed both sides of her jacket, tugging them together to pull her toward him and she didn't resist. Her heart stopped beating the moment his hand placed upon her jacket and she felt like she'd stopped breathing. Knowing what was going to happen, she let her eyes shut with relaxation and trusted him. His breath fanned her warmly as they were chest to chest.

Evangeline did not pull away and when his lips met hers, she felt like she was melting.

Knees became weaker than normal and the butterflies swarmed her stomach, wanting her to mentally curse at how many there were. The emotions were heavy as she'd longed for this exact moment for a year now.

Dean pulled away slowly, letting his lips linger across hers for a second before he stepped away from her in the silence they held. Evangeline tilted her head back, lifting both hands and placed them on his face. Through the butterflies, she stood up on her toes and kissed him back, not eagerly like she thought she would.

He did not hesitate to engage in the kiss they shared, her soft lips parting to feel his against hers.

She pulled back first, feeling his warm lips leave hers as she stood near the door, looking away from him and he could only keep looking at her. She bit her lip nervously, not knowing what that meant or if it meant anything.

"Sully..."

A/N
THIS IS A PART FROM NEW DEAN PORTMAN BOOK CALLED TWENTY-ONE, IF YOU WANNA READ MORE, FEEL FREE TO CHECK IT OUT.