three

you thought i was feeling you? billie's a munch.

Y/N is collecting wounds from Billie.

There's the scratch on her face, still painful to touch. The memory of Billie's teeth sinking into her skin flashes in her mind, making those particular spots start to sting. And then there's another injury, one that's a bit deeper than surface-level. Whenever she thinks of Billie's saddened face, Billie's teary eyes and wobbling lower lip, it brings a hurt in her heart like no other.

As Y/N takes her second stroll through the newly decorated neighborhood, she reflects on her last twenty-four hours. It's safe to say, this hunt is unlike any other hunt she's ever done. It's full of revelations and tense moments where her heart is stuck fearfully in her throat. Not to mention, neither her nor Billie are dead yet, making this a very interesting hunt indeed.

The afternoon air is a little thick; Y/N's having a bit of a hard time seeing. She has to breathe through her nose deeply in order to get any of the air in her lungs. The setting sun isn't necessarily warm, but it does bring enough light to the sky to make the edges of yellowing leaves sparkle.

After the events of last night, her hunt is at a bit of a standstill, but Y/N knows the expected way to proceed is by killing the monster.

Y/N sees the world around her with old eyes, as if she's lived one too many lives. For her, this is hunting season. For Billie, on the other hand, Y/N assumes the vampire sees this time of year as lovely and orange as it is. Though she's certainly a few decades older than Y/N, there's still something new about her — Something refreshing.

Whatever it is, Y/N's pretty sure she hates Billie for it.

She hates the smugness in her eyes, the way she disregards Y/N's feelings in favor of driving her crazy. She hates the sharp-toothed smiles Billie had given her in the dark. She hates the way Billie's words had twisted around her like vines. Even with only having known her for a day, Y/N's personal trauma has caused her to hate every single breath Billie has ever taken. Perhaps, hate is the only word Y/N is allowed to use for the way she burns on the inside, or perhaps it's the only word she knows.

She's still sore from fighting, but her hands itch in desperation at the thought of being near Billie again, because this time, she's determined to win. When she gets closer to the house, Y/N curses the vampire beneath her breath. Her feet carry her to the door without conscious thought, and just like last time, she lets herself inside with no invite.

As soon as the door creaks open, a low, familiar voice hums sarcastically, "Nice of you to come back and see me." Y/N freezes. Some part of her had been hoping Billie would skip the games and make her presence known right away, but it's a little worrying that Billie had been expecting her. "Is it just you this time? Or are your friends coming too?"

Just remembering everything that led to that unforeseen surprise sends a shiver down Y/N's spine, one that has nothing to do with the chilling atmosphere. Merely seconds ago, Y/N had been ready to kill the vampire with her own two hands. All she can think about now is that warm, silky voice — The same voice that had stopped her in her tracks and lured her into the bedroom.

She gulps quietly, earning a wicked giggle in response. Billie's laughter carries her across the house into what appears to be the living area. Just as she'd thought, the room is welcoming, good smelling, and well put together. Much like the other parts of the house, there's no cobwebs on the walls or sticky decay on the floors from lack of cleaning.

Now there isn't anything too tech-savy or modern, no TV or radio, but there's two vintage couches, a few bookshelves, and a coffee table with a scatter of books from said shelves. In the corner, is a matching side table with a burning candle, accompanied by a shiny wooden record player. Neatly stacked on the floor beneath the table are various, old-timey vinyls that are safely tucked away in their sleeves.