"Yue, it was my fault. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have blamed you before understanding the whole situation." Chubby said, ending with a bow. Yue grinned. He's on a streak today. Did I mention his hair streak, a horribly greyish-blue, had been added? It looks bad. After Chubby apologized, he went back to his room, slamming the door.

"Chubby's going to break that door sooner or later." Cheng said, after eating half his bowl. That slam was loud. I think the hinge has some problem. Yue continued grinning, and I continued eating. "This is great. Returning to business, no one has problems with Yue's return?" Rui asked, indirectly asking me and Yao. More me, less Yao. "Not in the present." Yao mumbled, as I ate another mouthful. I was eating very slowly. "Okay. I'll hand in the updated list to the organizers by tomorrow." Rui said, sighing with the happy verdict.

"I have a problem. He's just rejoined. How could he be on the starting roster?" I intervened. "All players have to start out as substitutes-" Yue was cut off by me. "This isn't my first time, Yue. You're more of an amateur than I am." I said, getting up. Yao pulled me down. "You know, Cheng started out as a substitute, and within a year, took over. The player cowered in fear." Rui said. Ming elbowed him, as Cheng shot Rui a death glare. He knew that it shouldn't be mentioned.

"Hierophant? The one from TAT?" Yao asked. Cheng kept the information about me to himself, though, telling them would sort the matter. He decided to keep his mouth shut. Good choice "My brother and Hierophant were once substitutes for one another. They were the strongest duo in the history of OCK." Yue fantasized. He was thinking of telling Yao all the beautiful stories and rumours that were related to the duo too. I was just ignoring their conversation, because if I heard any more, I would.. Let it be.

"Just eat your food." Cheng said, interrupting Yue's daydream. "Are you trying to convince me to be your substitute or what?" Yao asked, confused and awkward thinking of what Yue might mean. "We're telling you this because talented individuals will shine wherever they are. You're the only one who could really explain that to Chen. Cheng, will not, because he refuses to 'mess with her', as he said." Rui explained. "I'm right here." I reminded them. 

"See, Cheng and Hierophant are both respected, dominating different servers. Under these legends, every carry player has to cower in fear in front of their presence." Rui continued. "Chen laments over her weakness when she's been defeated only once. I don't want her to be my substitute." Yue said, shrugging. Yao has slowly bonded with Chen, and did not like Yue's comment. "Mind your words. Say that again, if you dare." I warned, my tone rising. "Cheng! Keep your little brother in line. Say something!" Yao protested. Cheng didn't want to. "Say what?" He asked Yao in return. "Your little brother is trying to assert his dominance." I replied, angry that Cheng wouldn't defend Chen, me, his childhood friend, from his own brother. I realized why the minute I thought that sentence.

"First come, first serve, Yue. You returned late, and her Shikigami pool is wider than yours. You should admit defeat." Cheng said. "Why are you defending her?" Poor Yue asked Cheng. "None of your business." His older brother nonchalantly replied. "First come, first serve." I replied. "You should stop too." Cheng said, as he paid no attention. "If you two want to start, you need to prove yourself worthy for the spot." Cheng said.

"Cheng is right. This is the most unbiased act in the history of the team." Rui said, clapping. We all looked at him, and Ming stared into space, pretending to not hear. Yao and K looked at each other, and Yao whispered something in K's ear, making him laugh. What's their deal? She's been talking to him pretty often. Rui noticed the awkwardness, and stopped. Ming grinned as he drank his drink. Yue and I looked at each other, in envy. I was going to win.

+---×---+

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven," The radio chanted. I was sick and tired of it, just like everyone else. All of us held the bridges of our noses, and massaged our eyes. It was weird, but we continued as the headache didn't go away. "Stop the damn thing already!" I mumbled, taking everyone's thoughts out of their minds. Even Rui and Ming got headaches. That means something. "Cheng, shouldn't you set an example as captain?" Rui asked, trying to keep an even tone.