Chapter 4

After Wei Ying went inside, she found her bath already prepared, and one of the female servants helped her bathe.

*outfit and hairstyle*

After helping her bathe, the female servants helped her get dressed (⬆️) in the outfit Madam Yu picked out for her.

"Is that? Am I- those are Jiang Sect robes right?" Asked Lan Ying as he watched himself wear the Jiang Sect robes he was never allowed to wear in his childhood.

"Yes, those are the same robes A-Jie wears." Said Jiang Cheng as now the screen had his undivided attention.

Once she was done getting ready, she went to the Sword Hall. Although she had never met her aunt, and she wasn't harsh towards her earlier on, she was still scared of her. Being a child and meeting someone with rigid facial expressions, of course, you would be scared too.

'Please don't throw me out, I promise I will behave and not cause trouble.' Thought Wei Ying as she went inside the Swords hall but to her surprise, she found it empty. Just as she was about to go out, she met one of the disciples and they told her that the Jiangs were waiting for her in the Ancestral Hall.

She immediately went there, not wanting to keep them waiting. She met with Jiang Cheng on the way to the hall, seemingly on his way to get her.
"A-ying come on, A-die, A-Niang, and A-Jie are waiting for us.

"Mn. Let's go Cheng-ge." She said as she wiped the sweat building in her palms on her robes and straightened herself up.

'Is Fengmian going to adopt her, why is she wearing those robes and why are we meeting her in the ancestral hall then.' Thought Madam Yu.

'Oh my.' Thought Fengmian as he glanced at his wife who was sporting a rigid expression.

When they got inside, they saw Madam Yu preparing for a veneration. She greeted them and went to sit near Jiang Yanli.

"A-ying, come here." Said Madam Yu.

Wei Ying quickly got up and went next to her. Jiang Fengmian and Madam Yu conducted the ritual. (I don't know how they do those rituals so I'm gonna skip it). The day Wei Ying showed up, Jiang Fengmian quickly sent a butterfly message to his wife to discuss the issue involving her parents' death, they saw fit to adopt her so she would be safe, in case anyone came looking for Cangse and Changze's lost daughter, so Madam Yu informed her family and Jiang Fengmian did the same. Madam Yu drew up the adoption papers and now they were getting ready to take her as their own.

"Changze-ge, Cangse-Shijie, I seek your blessing to adopt your daughter Wei Ying as my own, please bless us and allow us to change her name to Jiang Ying." Said Jiang Fengmian as he prostrate in front of Wei Ying's parents. Although they did not find the bodies - because Wei Ying dumped them in the blood pool- they made name plates (I really don't know what they are called) so that A-ying can always have a memento of them.