I look at the kid who won. He keeps waving at the crowd like he's some sort of celebrity. He flashes smiles at everyone. I roll my eyes.

He looks over and me and smiles. I look down at my lap and try to ignore the feeling you get when people stare at you. Ya know? The burning feeling in your skull? No? Just me? Okay.

When we decide to leave, we walk back to the Lucky Cat Café, just because we want to.

I sit down at a table and watch Tadashi and Hiro pry at their Aunt Cass to give them some free pastries.

"No," she says.

"Please?" Tadashi asks. "Hiro, (Y/n), and I are starving!"

"You people are so desperate," Cass groans, handing three (f/p) to Tadashi.

The older Hamada walks over to the table, a look of victory on his face. I smile and shake my head, grabbing one of the (f/p).

----------

I told them I could go by myself, but Hiro and Tadashi insisted on walking me home. I had rolled my eyes, but now I'm kind of happy they went with me. It's dark and creepy. I swear I saw a person in the alley.

When we reach my house, I stand on the sidewalk in front, exchanging a few words with the brothers before they go.

"I had a really great day," I say.

Tadashi smiles. "I did too." He takes my hand and gives it a little squeeze.

I blush.

Accidentally! Good thing it's dark. That way he didn't see it.

I watch the brothers walk off.

----------

Monday. Enough said.

I make a sound like a dying cat and throw the covers off of the bed. I hobble down the stairs and to the kitchen.

My mom has a talent. A talent that no person on the whole Earth possesses.

She can actually be awake on Monday mornings.

She hands me a bowl of cereal and smiles. I grunt and stand by the kitchen island.

"So, did you sleep well?" my mom asks me.

"Urggle-gurggle," I mumble.

"I'll take that as a maybe." Mom chuckles and hands me a small bowl of fruit.

As I eat, my mom runs around the house, cleaning little things here and there.

"You okay, Mom?" I ask.

"Yes, it's just that a guy from SFIT is coming to interview me again." She straightens a vase on the living room coffee table.

"Is it your second-cousin's brother or something?" I ask.

"My second-cousin's brother would also be my second-cousin," Mom says. "It's my second-cousin's husband."

"Yes, because that makes more sense." I stuff some fruit in my mouth.

Mom chuckles. "Okay, Little Miss Smart Aleck."

A knock comes from the door. Mom jumps a little and flounces to the door. Try not to imagine that.

She flings the door open. There stands a man with gray hair, a blue shirt with a collar, and a gray sweater vest. He looks very composed for a man at his wife's second-cousin's house.

"Robert! Hi!" My mom gives the man a small hug before letting him in. She motions to me. "This is (Y/n), my daughter." I wave.

"Hello, Miss (Y/n)," the man says. "I'm Robert Callaghan, but you can call me just Robert." He reaches out his hand to me. I shake it groggily.

"Hello, Just Robert." I take the cereal and fruit bowls and set them in the sink.

Robert gives a small chuckle. "This is one sassy girl you have here," he says to my mom.

"She gets it from me," my mom says as she sits down at the kitchen bar.

I turn away from the conversation and head upstairs. I go into my room and put on a (f/c) shirt, some jeans, black boots, and a (2nd/f/c) jacket. I grab my backpack and head back downstairs.

My mom waits for me by the door. She plants a kiss on my head as I head out.

----------

I plop my lunch tray down on the table, along with an unnaturally thick algebra textbook. If I'm going to graduate this year, I need to get better at this stuff.

Halfway through the page of homework, I hear someone sit down across from me. I point my eyes up, not moving my head. I see a red shirt, loose hoodie, and a brown paper sack.

"Hey Hiro," I say. "Ya need something?"

"No," he says. "Do you need help with that?"

"I think I got it." I chew on my pencil eraser a little bit, out of habit.

"Can I at least check it for you?" he asks.

"That is the last thing I thought a thirteen-year-old would say to me about my homework, but sure." I slide the paper over to him.

He picks it up and looks at it. "Number seven. You forgot to exchange the variable right. Other than that, you're good." 

I take the paper back and check my work. I see that I did, indeed, do number seven wrong. I smile at Hiro and erase the wrong answer.

----------

After school, I decide to walk home instead of taking the bus. I skip over a crack in the sidewalk.

I decide to stop at the Luck Cat Café, sort of so I can see Hiro and thank him for his help on my homework.

As I'm about to open the front door to the café, a firm hand grasps my shoulder.

//////////

A/n: Haha. Cliffhanger. I feel no shame.

If you want more, you gotta vote and comment! Comments really motivate me, so go crazy with those.

K. I'm done.

Bye!