Moon of Doom

"My time to shine!" Warp boarded the elevator then turned in the direction of the android. "Everything planted where it should be?"

"Planted right for your fake death," Zurg said.

"No fireworks beneath the ground?"

"Course, not." Zurg folded his arms. "Killing Lightyear by fireworks is stupid."

"Cause he isn't exactly a firework."

"Precisely! He's a rocket! Rockets get destroyed with fine craftmanship in intricate plans!" Zurg had a menacing laugh as Warp rolled his eyes shaking his head. "Make your farewells to your dear friend."

Zurg proceeded to float into a waiting craft then the elevator flew down with Warp in tow crashing on to a series of drones that were firing at Buzz.

"Back up?" Warp asked.

"Always a dramatic entrance, Warp," Buzz commented then added. "Let's go after Zurg!"

"Not today, Lightyear!" Zurg's voice came over then they shifted in the direction of the emperor. "For I have started the self destruct sequence on my way out!" the emperor leaned forward in front of the screen. "It is a moon of DOOM, now!"

The emperor let out a evil laugh.

"The moon will self destruct in sixty seconds." the computer announced.

"Sixty seconds?" Buzz repeated.

"All the time in the world!" Warp countered.

The drones proceeded to fire all around at them.

"Uh oh!"

And the space rangers fired back at the drones ending up destroying a couple on their first go.

"Get to the ship, get ready to blast off!"

Buzz leaped off the guard rail.

"But Buzz!"

"That's an order! We'll meet you at orbit!"

"Self destruct in forty-five seconds!"

"Farewell, Lightyear! For this time, you shall not escape!"

The computer screen was destroyed in a fury of rubble and drone misfiring at the wrong direction as more drones came out of their hiding places. Warp continued firing, intentionally, in the direction that Zurg had indicated would perform the massive destruction of drones and the building appearing to be destroyed at the seams.

"Just watch me, Zurg!"

They fired as one, together, side by side. In retrospect, it wasn't going to end, fighting, together, far Warp was concerned. It was merely a longer buffer between acts of duty for one another, as friends, as brothers, as companions, as space rangers, as a spy holding on his goody two shoes persona. Warp parted from Buzz as the destruction rampaged through the lair and fired at the drones getting a little carried away.

Everything was going as planned, exactly. The destruction seemed a little too real as initiated by the fireworks, but for Buzz, it made the simulation all too very real. Space Ranger Warp would die today and Warp Darkmatter would carry on fulfilling his role for Zurg, working from the inside, doing misdeeds, all the good deeds had been a pain in the rear to accomplish and made him wonder why he had enlisted as a spy in the academy. Then he remembered, money, money, money, fame, and power.

A loud cry drew his attention as a pillar of fire fell behind him. It sounded like Buzz. His alarms ran on in high alert as he fled toward the source of the noise then halted in his tracks. There laid Buzz Lightyear, underneath a beam, as the ground beneath Warp was trembling with each fire by the fireworks and then he saw, destruction erupting from the walls, the floor, oh no, Zurg had packed fireworks beneath and inside the walls for a over the top display.