T H I R T Y

THE DRAGON'S WRATH

⎯THE DRAGON'S WRATH

CHAPTER THIRTY

✧✧✧

Visenya had received many letters from Alicent, regarding Alyssa and Aemond, she would spend half her time on Dragonstone and the other in King's Landing getting to know Aemond better. Alicent and Visenya had agreed it had been best of she was at least friends with her betrothed and Aemond and Alyssa had been graceful about it.

But the recent letter had mentioned how Rhaenyra had petitioned for Lucerys to receive Driftmark were Lord Corlys to pass. But Vaemond Velaryon had said he deserved it more. Rhaenyra had stayed with Laenor and their children on Driftmark, and many had noticed that since the death of ser Harwin, Rhaenyra had not been with child anymore even if she was still young. Now it would have made sense, Laenor had passed in battle of the Stepstones when Corlys had been injured.

"What do you want to do?" Daemon asked his wife, their eldest daughter, Naella, had gone off to the North a week before to get to know her betrothed. "I want to go, see what Rhaenyra might have to say for herself. We have alliances to the North and Stormlands, along with the Greens who have ties to the Reach. Our children would be safe, and that is most important to me" Visenya said as she looked at her husband. "Rhaenyra is my sister and I love her, but she had been a fool, not only has she been a fool with her affair with ser Harwin, but she was also careless about it, and brought shame on House Strong and on ours. Everyone knows her children are bastards, and to deny it and pretend they aren't, is a shame. They could have been declared legitimate either way." Visenya said and Daemon looked at his wife.

"They are still Targaryens, half but, you know" Daemon said. "I am part Arryn too, you forget that" Visenya said as she looked at Daemon, he held her hand and placed her on his lap. "I know" Daemon said kissing her cheek, as Maekar ran through the room, with Valerion and Daenaera running after him, all of them holding wooden swords.

Their children had grown up greatly, Maekar and Daenaera had reached their 8th name day already and had chosen names for their dragons, now all of them had their respective dragons. Naella had her green dragon, Aurora, and her twin had Nagatu, a purple dragon named for the dawn. Aelor rode Stormcloud who had gotten larger than his sister's dragons and was named for the storm he had been born in, and his fire had been as blue as his scales. Valerion flew Kraxar, a silver dragon whose wings looked spiked. Maekar's dragon had been a brute much like Caraxes, and black scales with a tale that looked to be on fire, he had named him Valeryx.

Daenaera, a dreamer much like her aunt Helaena, had Dreamcloud, a light pink dragon who had been fiercely loyal to her rider and Daenaera had loved her dragon fiercely. Valerion had reached 13th name day and Aelor had been 16. They had grown so fast before her very eyes, Visenya couldn't believe it.

Daenaera let herself fall to the floor, as she sat at her father's feet. "No more enjoyment in playing with your brothers?" Daemon asked as she looked up. "No" Daenaera said as she looked at her father. Daenaera, and all her siblings, always blessed themselves with such loving parents. They never complained and raised them all equally. Visenya got off Daemon's lap as she kneeled before her daughter. "What do you wish to do?" Visenya asked. "Can I ride my dragon?" Daenaera asked and looked up at her mother. Visenya looked at Daemon and almost like they had a small conversation between them, Daemon stood up, picking up his daughter. She squeeled in delight. "How about we all fly to King's Landing?" Daemon asked.