Dinner

I have gotten everything else we needed, and I'm almost done checking out at the grocery. I hear my phone ding. I unlock it to a message from Tobias.

"I have completed my quest. Heading home. See you soon. Love you♥"

"I am about done myself. Will be heading home in just a few minutes. See you there. Love you too♥." I reply. I finish packing up the groceries in the trunk and head home. I arrive and grab a few of the bags. As I reach the front door, it opens to reveal Tobias.

"Hello, love." he says, kissing my cheek.

"Is there anything else to grab?"

"Hello, my dear. Yes, there's a couple more bags in the trunk, thank you." I tell him. I make my way into the kitchen to get everything ready for dinner. As I'm washing the vegetables, I hear Tobias enter with the remaining bags. He sets them on the island and comes up behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck. I giggle.

"What else do we need to get ready?" he asks me.

"You, sir, need to get the fires going so we can cook." I smile, picking on him. Sarcastically as ever, he says,

"Ah yes. How could I forget?" chuckling.

"I will go get that started." he kisses my cheek and starts to walk to the back door. He stops and turns back,

"Oh. I wanted to tell you that I already got the blankets and pillows out on the futon, for later." he winks and spins on his heel, exiting into the yard. I begin cutting up the vegetables and finish in a short time. Tobias had prepped the steaks last night, letting them soak in a nice marinade. He had pulled them out and seasoned them up with his home-made dry rub. I grabbed those, the vegetables, the bag of marshmallows and left the kitchen to go out back.

"Here you are sir." I say, holding out the plate of steaks.

"Perfect. Thank you." he smiles and takes the plate from my hand. He drops one on the grill and it instantly sizzles. He throws the rest on and already the smell is amazing.

I'm over by the fire pit, cast iron skillet placed over the open flame, sautéing peppers and onions. I also have a few foil wrapped potatoes down in the embers cooking away. It doesn't take long before dinner is ready. We bring everything to the table under the gazebo and sit down to eat. We talk about some of the different ways we have spent anniversaries from our past lives. From the romantic, to the adventurous, to the creative. We have had so many, but this one was definitely special.

"Oh! I almost forgot." Tobias states and gets up. He walks to the back door and disappears into the kitchen. A couple minutes go by when his frame shows back up the in the doorway.

"Dessert!" He announces as he makes his way back to the table. He sets down a cake covered with berries and whipped cream. I look up at him,

"Did you really make me an Angel Food cake?" I ask softly, eyes watering.

"Yes, I did. It wasn't easy, so I hope it tastes good." he admits.

"I'm sure it'll be wonderful." I assure him.

"And you really didn't have to make one, I would have been just fine with a store bought one. I'm not worth all the trouble." blushing slightly, amazed that he actually baked me my favorite cake, by himself, without me knowing. He huffs,

"You most certainly are worth it. You're everything to me and I would do anything for you." he says, kissing my hand.

"You are my soulmate, my world, my true love, my universe, but I think the most important one is that you are mine. Always and forever." he continued,

"I love you so much Kyrie. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" Tears fall from my eyes as I look down at his hands. He's holding a wedding ring. It's a sleek silver band with small gems accenting the central stone, a gorgeous black diamond. It was utterly perfect. My eyes travel up to his, the biggest smile on my face.

"Yes! Yes! Of course I'll marry you!" I exclaim. He takes my left hand and slides the ring on my finger. Admiring it, I say,

"Tobias, this is beautiful! Thank you!" I throw my arms around his neck and pull him into a hug.

"I love you so much. Always and forever." whispering softly in his ear.

"Always and forever." he repeats and pulls back to kiss me. It's heat burning its way down through my body. Every nerve a live wire arcing with electricity. I shiver, not only from his passion, but also the cold. The sun has set, and the stars were waking up to greet us. Tobias takes my hand as we walk over to the fire pit. We sit and watch the flames dancing their way into the sky, as if trying to wave hello to the moon. We roast a few marshmallows, and I can see Tobias watching me out of the corner of my eye. He's noticed I've been staring at my ring any chance I get.

"Do you really like it?" he asks, fully turning toward me and taking my hands in his.

"Like it? Tobias, honey, I love it. It's perfect. They always are." I blush and drop my eyes a little, smiling. He puts a finger under my chin and lifts it so I look at him.

"My favorite part is seeing your eyes light up, the stars themselves dancing in them every time I ask you to be my wife. I know you really don't care about what the ring looks like, but I like making each one special. I love watching how excited you get and how you just glow when I put it on your finger. The amount of happiness and love you exude, is mesmerizing." he says, rubbing his thumb over the ring.