Chapter 16 - Homecoming

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'll kill her, too." Mikael stated.

"What are you going to kill Klaus with?" Stefan asked, disbelievingly. "Those daggers won't work on him."

"Oh, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael told them.

"Where is it?" Damon asked.

"Not here." Mikael answered simply. "Knowing its location is my insurance policy." He dipped the dagger in the ash.

"Against what?" Stefan asked cautiously.

"You leaving this in my heart." Mikael looked at the dagger. "You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying. So, it falls to you." He handed the dagger to Elena.

"You want me to actually dagger you?" Elena double checked.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance..." Mikael truthfully stated. "especially when it comes to trust."
End of Flashback

"I wanna see him." Nik started pacing. "I want to see his rotting body. For myself."

"Well, he's here." Stefan told Nik. "Come by whenever."

"If you're lying to me, Stefan, my wife's compulsion will expose you. So answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?"

"It's true." Stefan answered. "I saw it with my own eyes."

'Ask to talk to Bekah.' I mouthed to Nik. He nodded. "I want to talk to Rebekah."

"That's not a problem." Stefan sounded worried this time. "She's right here."

"Hello, Nik." Bekah's voice came through the phone this time.

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?"

To the gang that I'm sure were with Bekah, it would've sounded like she wasn't saying anything , just hesitating. She was actually whispering something to us that she knew only we would be able to hear. 'Everything that comes out of their mouths and what I'm about to say is a lie.' "It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good." Nik and I looked at each other. 'Thanks.' I told Bex through our connection I created when she was woken up. "I miss you." Bekah said after a while. I could tell that was the truth, not a lie. "I'm miserable here."

"We'll be home soon." Nik assured her.

"Good." I could hear the fear in her voice. She was terrified of Mikael. "I'll see you then, brother, sister."

"It's a trap." I told him as soon as he ended the call. "You could hear the fear in Bekah's voice. She was terrified."

"I know, love." He pulled me into a hug, sending my worry for Bekah. "She'll be okay, Anna. She's an Original. She's strong and Mikael was never after her. He's after me."

"I know." I murmured. "Deep down, I know that. I'm just worried about her."

"Well, my love, it looks like we're going to Homecoming." I didn't even have to look at him to know he was smirking. He knows how much I hate them.

"You can't see my dress until I get to the Homecoming dance. I want it to be a surprise, so drop me off at the house so I can get changed." I told Nik. He was going to argue but he saw the look on my face and knew he wouldn't win so he dropped it.

Nik ended up flooding the hall of the high school so he could move the party to Tyler Lockwood's house so he can control it. He also turned it into a 'wake'.

I arrived when Nik was up on a stage addressing the crowd. "Good evening, everyone. I wanna thank you all for being here with me to celebrate." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. He really has a thing for dramatics. "It's been a long time coming."