𝟎𝟎𝟏. a day to defend

❝ 𝖸𝖮𝖴 𝖶𝖨𝖫𝖫 𝖧𝖠𝖵𝖤 𝖠 𝖣𝖱𝖠𝖦𝖮𝖭, 𝖡𝖤𝖫𝖨𝖤𝖵𝖤 𝖬𝖸 𝖶𝖮𝖱𝖣𝖲 𝖫Ē𝖪𝖨𝖠

❝ 𝖸𝖮𝖴 𝖶𝖨𝖫𝖫 𝖧𝖠𝖵𝖤 𝖠 𝖣𝖱𝖠𝖦𝖮𝖭, 𝖡𝖤𝖫𝖨𝖤𝖵𝖤 𝖬𝖸 𝖶𝖮𝖱𝖣𝖲 𝖫Ē𝖪𝖨𝖠. ❞

――――

THE RED KEEP in early hours of the morning were always thankfully peaceful and quiet. Other than the snores of the people inside the Red Keep and the bugs and mouses that lurked, it seemed enough to keep those at peace. It certainly gave Alerea peace, only a few hours gave her the joy of being truly alone, away from all the noise to come in the next couple hours, away to where it was just her and her thought's. She thought of many things, mainly the one thought that always occupied her mind was how she should cause chaos today, how her siblings and her could catch her fathers attention for a couple of minutes or so, if she was lucky enough perhaps an hour or more.

She and her brothers could steal green paint from one of the maester's who had a hobby to paint and splash it across the hallway walls of her father's chambers or trick her sworn protector Ser Darrick Hollows to think she and the boys were kidnapped and was demanded for ransom but she did not want to frighten her mother as Alerea knew her mother would most likely either go mad or pass out and she did not want to worry Alicent.

Suddenly she was struck with the perfect plan and all she needed were the unwanted company of her bastard nephews and the current Lord Commander of the City Watch. Alerea knew for sure this was to catch her father's attention, the strong bastards were part of it and he always had time for them but never for his children (Not including Rhaenyra).

Alerea knew that it was always about Rhaenyra and her children, always, if she hadn't known better she would have believed she had done something wrong or simply because her nephews were different to her and her siblings (Which was technically true but not in the way she was implying).