Was it a low blow, pulling at his protectiveness of his family? Yes. Was it false, though, that she would feel safer with them by her side during it? No. Not that anything would happen at a tournament, but she wanted to be safe than sorry. She needs as much of her family around her as she could get. She was already worried about the amount of people, but part of her thought it would be okay as long as she had people she knows by her side.

Jace grimaced at her, trying to hold her eye contact before he threw his head away with a groan, "How do you do that?"

She laughed at his tone, "Practice, my friend. You'll stay with me?"

He rolled his eyes and nodded, "Yes, I'll stay with you. Someone competent with a sword should."

He playfully punched Luke's shoulder as he spoke, causing the younger boy to squawk with offense, "I'm competent!"

Aurora nodded at him, smiling fondly at the boy she was able to call her little brother, "You are. I'll feel even safer with you, Luke."

He gave her a dry look in response, "That was convincing."

She shrugged. Aegon spoke up from his seat, "Now, I kind of want you to give me a heartfelt speech about not competing."

She sighed yet again, "Would you listen?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. Let's try and find out, shall we?"

She couldn't suppress her smile as she asked, "Will you stay with me?"

He gave her an unimpressed look, "Absolutely not. That was horrendous."

"When it's just us, I will beat Aegon, thus making me the winner of the tournament," Aemond's serious voice broke the humorous vibe of the room.

She turned to him, he was watching her already, "And if you don't make it to the end?"

"You doubt me?"

"No, of course not. But the King said many skilled knights are coming," she told him. She knows he's a capable fighter. The best she's seen. But she hasn't seen a lot. Just the soldiers on Dragonstone. She had no idea how anyone in the realm fought. She could only hope Aemond was better.

"We were trained by Criston Cole until we left for Dragonstone where Ser Harrold Westerling then took over our training. Not to mention our dear uncle helping with training when he's around," Aemond put his sword on the table, walking over to her.

He grabbed her chin to make her look him in the eyes, lowering his voice to a near whisper, "Do not fret, issa jorrāelagon. Soon, everyone will know you are mine. As I am yours."

She began to chew at her lip, her nerves not lessening at all. She was forced to stop, though, when Aemond's thumb gently tugged her bottom lip free of his confines. Her heart skipped several beats as she looked into his eyes. She didn't recognize the emotion in them. No one had looked at her like that before.

"We're still here, you know?" Aegon's voice sounded from behind them.

Aurora jumped, going to move away from Aemond when he grabbed her hips to tug her closer, speaking to his brother over his shoulder while keeping his eyes glued to the blush making its way down Aurora's neck, "You're free to not be, brother."

"You are undressing our sister with your eyes right in front of us," Jace looked wildly uncomfortable.

"And I'll continue to do it," Aemond countered.

Aurora gently pulled away, squeezing Aemond's hand as she did so, "No fighting, boys. It's going to be a long day already."

She could feel Aemond's eyes on her back as she walked to Aegon. She tried to tame her blush but was seemingly unsuccessful judging by Aegon's disgusted look, "I never thought I'd hate seeing you happy."

The Dragons and Their Sun (aemond/oc)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara