2 - red m&ms

⤜ 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 ⤛

⤜ 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 ⤛

chapter 2
red m&ms

- catherine -

GROCERY SHOPPING IN MONACO, what an incredible madness, for an extremely stingy like me was like a dagger to the heart. I was conscious of the average cost of the lifestyle in Monte-Carlo but some prices never failed to amuse me.

The key was to label everything as little necessary luxury. I mean, I'm in Monaco, right? But the tense feeling quickly doubled when I heard a strangely familiar voice behind me.

"Hey" Carlos greeted with a sunshine smile as he peered through the groceries.

I gasped and then laughed. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry" Carlos walked around the stand to greet me properly kissing me on the cheek and vice versa.

"Doing some grocery shopping?" I shrugged and so did Carlos.

"Just the basics, the hotel has everything minus the peanut M&Ms that are a must" he spoke in a joking manner.

"Best M&M?" I furrowed my eyebrows and pointed to him.

"You can call me basic, or whatever you want" Carlos chuckled. "But the red one is the best"

"Touche" I smiled and so did he. "Don't worry. I'm basic as well"

"What are you up to?" Carlos pointed to her supermarket cart and I chuckled.

"Evelyn, my friend, and I ate all Angelina's sweets" I shrugged as he maintained that charming smile.

"I do a tiramisu" he kissed his fingertips. "The best one to ever exist"

"You cook?" I raised a brow making him jokingly gasp.

"Of course, some call me Chef Carlos" he proudly spoke. "Hamburgers are my specialty...and I do a hell of a carbonara" 

"Wow!" I laughed. "Hopefully I'll try your dishes out someday"