ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Let's just say she showed me a photo of her middle school self."

A smirk forms on his lips and he asks, "Her eyebrows?"

I nod my head and we both burst out laughing.

Suddenly Josie grabs us by our arms and pulls us along with her.

"You guys are stupid. Let's go before Mrs. James marks us down for being late."

I throw my backpack onto my bed along with my body

It feels so good to be in bed after a long day at school.

Malia is hanging out with Vikki and Lilybeth today. They're out eating and probably are going to the lake later for some sister time.

Maybe I can finally start reading this new book I bought a few weeks ago at Target.

I get up to grab it but before I can, someone knocks on my door.

At first, I think it's Angelina.

"Yes, Lenny, you can use my laptop," I said grabbing the book and not looking at who was opening the door.

But when I do turn to look at them, I feel my heart drop.

It's Papa.

"Hey, you're home." He gives me a small smile and I stand there frozen.

The man standing in front of me looks different. He shaved his facial hair and now has a buzzcut. The new clothes he's wearing show how skinny he got from the last time I truly saw him. He looks his age now.

"I didn't know you were here." I manage to say despite my anxiety going off the roof at this moment.

"I got here this morning. After you left for school."

"Oh."

I can feel my heart rapidly beat against my chest as he stares at me with the same brown eyes we share.

"Mauricio..." He steps towards me but I step back.

The look of hurt on his face forms a lump in my throat.

He breathes out an okay and encourages himself to finally say what he came here to say.

"Your mom and me are divorcing."