ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Three

Start from the beginning

Angelina nods her head, "I'll play the violin. Maybe I can join my school's music club."

"We do have an orchestra here at Morhills Academy. My sister plays the piano." Tyler speaks up beside me and Angelina smiles at his words, "That's perfect!"

Man, I didn't realize in a few years she'll be coming here. Angelina will be entering seventh grade while Reuben will be entering high school.

Fucking shit.

We're all growing up.

"And you, Reuben? Heard anything from the Morhills Academy High academic scholarship team?"

The name is a handful but it's worth saying it after it helped you join one of the best schools in California.

"Yeah, they accepted me. I'll be joining the whole sports thing too. Soccer. I talked to Mauricio's coach and we agreed on varsity." He shyly presses his lips together to stop himself from talking.

"Oh shit, congrats!" Mark grabs his shoulder and shakes him a bit. Everyone else congratulates him too. He thanks them.

"Someone else also got accepted...Lilybeth." Vikki announces to which we all congratulate her for too. She side glares at Vikki before thanking us.

"And are you sticking to lacross like Mal?" Josie asks and Lilybeth nods her head, "Yeah. I made Varsity too."

"You'll both probably end up being captains like your older siblings." I slightly flex which Josie smacks me on the head for.

"I doubt it."

"That's the plan."

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Both teams are tied. And we're left with five minutes on the clock.

I haven't been this nervous since my championship game. My heart is beating against my chest. And I swear if I tighten my fingers on the edges of the poster I am holding anymore, it will break in half.

"I swear you and Malia freaked out the same way during this time. She's going to win, Mauricio. We're going to be four-year champions." Josie smiles at me while rubbing my back and I nod my head with a small smile.

Yeah, she's right.

Christian and Josie won their championship games this week too.

Malia is the last one left and we're all filled with anticipation.

I know it's important for Malia to win this game. This will be possibly the only women's lacrosse championship she will ever get to play. There is a possibility for college but sports in college are much more different than high school. And I know she doesn't plan on playing past college.