Chapter 8: Werk Bitch

Work Bitch - Brittany Spears

Tariq POV:

       The other day was intense. I see why Alex never talks about her. She was kinda awful. "I can't imagine being raised by a woman like that. Plus why she mad with Alex if her so-called man was attracted to him," says Destiny. "Who you telling? He was actually raised by his dad. But they had shared custody. He would spend the summers with her." My phone goes off and it's Alex.

Alex the Don: I gotta head to France for work this week before the next game, wanna come? You can bring Destiny....

Me: I would love to...

Alex the Don: Alright. I'll be there in 2 hours.

       I put my phone down and smile at Destiny. "What's up? Please don't tell me that Alex sends nudes," she says. I tell her all about it and she takes off like a rocket to go pack. I run to my room because I need to find my passport. Where the hell did I put it? I have a to any suitcases and duffel bags to count. After about two hours looking and packing a little. I found it, my passport. I just wish it wasn't in where it was. Tears fill my eyes and run down my cheeks.

        It was in a suitcase that belonged to my ex. I forgot I even had it. It's the last thing I have of him. You see we didn't break up, he was taken from me, after our anniversary vacation. For protecting me. Just like Alex did with his mom. He put me behind him to protect me cause get didn't appreciate people disrespecting us. Especially me. Next thing he was shot in the chest and dead in my arms. I miss him from time to time especially Christmas. My family adored him. My family was hurt as much as I was. That memory replays so much in my mind.

          I wipe my eyes and pull myself together. It really wasn't the suitcase, it was the picture that was inside of my passport. Destiny walks in and looks at me. She looks down and runs and hugs me. "I know what you're probably thinking. That you and Alex will end up like Eric too. I'm here to tell you, it will never happen. His final words to you that he loves you and he'll always be with you. I know he brought you and Alex together."

        Listening to her words I know why she's my best friend. She knows what going on with me before I barely do. We finish packing and there's a knock on the door. I open it and see him in his sweats and the beanie I bought him, he hugs me. "Y'all ready? Cause if we don't leave now ain't no way we gonna make it through the work traffic," he says. We nod and he grabs both our bags. I lock the door and we pile in his car. "So what's this work you gotta do when we get to Paris," I say.

          "I didn't tell you? Well your boy has got a ad campaign with Balmain. So I wanted to take my baby and his best friend with me," he says settling into his seat and pulling out of the parking garage. I wanna ask bout his mama but I know it's a touchy subject. "To answer you question, no I haven't talked to her. I probably never will. That woman is evil. She found out I was getting signed then she wanted to become my mother."

          I take in his answer. He's got a point. After a while of silence, well not silence. Destiny has sang every song that's come on the radio. Soon we pull up to the airport and we walk inside. We check in and head to the security scanner. TSA, is it really necessary? I'm only wearing a onesie and some flip flops. Don't you dare say anything, everybody wants to rock a onesie. I drop my shoes and bookbag in the tray. Alex drops in his Jordans, phone and wallet. Destiny takes off her heels and purse.

         My friend. Why does she wear heels and a beat-for-the-gods face to the airport? She wouldn't be her if she didn't. I notice these two officers looking at me and Alex. As we get closer to the scanner I feel weird like I should tell them to stop staring. They then walk over to the woman working the scanner, she nods and they head our way. "I need you two to come with us. You've been randomly selected to go through our private screening," one says. I don't like the way he said that.