Chapter Fourteen - Thamur's Body

7 years ago...
Berenice was back then 10 years old and was still an innocent, cute, and good-hearted little girl. She was always very quiet, very attentive and adored her little brother who was only 4 years old. She didn't see her father often, and she didn't really care about it anyway. She was just enjoying the time she spent with her mother and alone, with what knowledge she had at the time.

That particular day was cold but quiet. Berenice decided to go out into the forest to collect some wood for the fire, so that their house would be warm and so that her little brother would stay warm too. Her father was away hunting for three days.
When she went out of the house, young Berenice always took her bow with her, she was still as good at aim as she could be and always held a knife in her waist.
Her always mother told her not to go too deep into the forest and she did listen to her. As she walked into the woods alone, in the snow and among the leafless trees, she looked left and right to watch for intruders or wild animals. She wasn't used to wild animals then but luckily they didn't come too close to the forest.
At the moment when she was finding some sticks in the snow and as she was putting them under her arms and under her armpits, she suddenly heard a growl at the edge of the forest. Berenice knew very well that grunts never meant good news. So she immediately put the wood down in the snow and decided to take out her bow, with an official arrow in her hand. As her mother had told her, she followed the sound with her ears and made sure she immediately found her target to spot, aim and shoot.
The little girl had killed a wild animal before.
And then she had to be completely focused on the target when finding the intruder. A few steps forward and she immediately managed to spot the intruder, a gray wolf sniffing through a rock. And through the rock she could also hear the cries of an animal, possibly a hare.
Berenice walked slowly and discreetly towards the wolf and with quiet steps shot three arrows into his back, knocking him down. As soon as she saw the wolf lying down weak and unconscious, Berenice run to the rock, and still holding out her bow there, she came to the place where, with wounds, lay a little all-white rabbit, evidently terrified and upset.
It was clear that the wolf had previously seriously injured the bunny and tried to eat it, while its mom was most likely far away or even dead.
Berenice definitely wanted to cry and lash out as she watched the poor defenseless animal suffer but she noticed that it was a minor injury that Berenice would be able to take care of with her mother. If she cried and lashed out who would help the animal?
So she approached it  with pure intentions, with a quiet voice, hugged the still complaining bunny and tried to comfort it.

Berenice:Come here... shhh... calm down... come here little one... come here...

Berenice, full of tenderness and love, caressed the little white animal, took off the woolen blanket from around her shoulders, put it around the rabbit, wrapping it and kept her arms around the animal petting it and talking to it calmly.

Berenice:Come here... everything will be fine! The bad wolf is gone. And now I'm here... my mommy will make you well.

Berenice smiled sweetly and wrapped her small slender arms around the little animal, with sweetness in her voice and immediately got up and ran as fast as she could to her house.
She ran all the way to the house shouting "Mom, mom!". And she immediately arrived at the doorstep where her mother was waiting for her girl to appear.

Berenice:Mom, mom!

And then her mother approached her and noticed the rabbit in her arms, wrapped in the blanket.