ii.

"hey- wait!" she panted.

i looked around to check if she was talking to me and it seemed like nobody else cared about her loud voice so i was sure it was me. i scratched the back of my head while staring at her catching her breath infront of me.

"umm, who are you?"

she smiled at me sweetly and thrusted her hand, "im kate! you're new here aren't you?" she chirped.

"oh- i .. i'm hannah! and um, yes im new here. i just moved actually" i chuckled awkwardly and held her hand, shaking it.

she smiled at me and helped me with my books "really?! i just moved last year too! this school is really fun but for transferees like you, they arent..."

i tilted my head in confusion, "a guy bumped into you earlier right?" she whispered and i nodded in response.

"hes the most popular guy in school, eeeeekkk!!! his dad is the principal but he can be really scary sometimes. his name is jake, hes friends with heeseung, jay, and jungwon.

theyre nice unlike jake... for me jungwon is the hottest !!!! hes so admirable and cute. he helps me a lot but i cant always keep getting close to him because of those three ugly girls ... " she huffs up in anger.

i chuckle at her cuteness, still processing the words she was talking to me about. "what three girls?"

she hums as we start walking through the hallways, passing students who were at the lockers doing the most random shit ever.

"theyre basically like the mean girls in real life! theyre cruel.... and weird!" she pouts.

i nodded to assure her i was listening so she could continue, "first we have the leader of the squad... her name is kassia! shes the most cruel of them all! she bites people ... and she acts very feral among people!!!" she hisses, acting like a dog.

i laugh and she smiles at me.

"do you know, a girl actually got sent to a hospital because of how hard kassia bit her!" i gasped in shock and kate proudly nodded.

'seems like everybody here in this school is weird. even kate is weird. i should stay as a wallflower then...' i think to myself.

"the next one is xeline... you must think she's nice but she barks at people... its like all of them are dogs, if they had a breed it would probably be ascal!" she jokes and i laugh quietly.

"seriously? she barks?!"

"yeah! she hasnt done any harm to people tho. her target is jay. while kassia's target is jungwon"

"next up is karylle, she's more of the violent type. she hits people a lot! anyone who gets on her nerves always drops out of school because of how scared they are of her. i dont find her scary though!" kate crosses her arms infront of her chest.

"really?" i tease in a mocking way while leaning in. she blushes and pushes me away.

"okay whatever! the last one is ysa! i dont really find her mean thats why i only said three mean girls. she's new to their squad. i even feel like she's forced to join them because she's pretty." kate's face looked down so i patted her back as a way of comforting her and she smiled assuringly to me.

"i really want her to be my friend but im scared kassia and her minions will go after me.." she pouts but her face soon brights up and she grins at me playfully.

"her target is jake though!" i nodded slowly.

why is she even telling me this? do i look like i care about that jake guy?

"anyways, let me tell you about jake!" she turns over to me and i found myself nodding.

"ummm... okay!" i reply, feeling awkward.

"honestly, jake isnt an asshole. i dont feel like he is. theres a rumor around the school saying that jake became arrogant because his ex girlfriend cheated on him. then he became like... that." kate mumbles in disappointment.

"who's his ex?" i asked.

she shrugs, "dont know, nobody knows."

i just hum in response and kate stops walking causing me to stop too.

"anyways! here's the principal's office, go get your schedule! i hope we get the same classes!!!!" she grins at me and everything clicked in place.

"oh! we were walking to the office! i thought we were just walking around..." i rubbed the back of my neck and she laughs while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"you're my friend now okay? ill tell you a lot of stuff about this school, got it?" she gives me a thumbs up and i nodded.

she patted me shoulder as a sign to step inside the office and i did. everything switched from loud to quiet.