𝟎𝟓𝟑. ( be with me )

Start from the beginning

matt rolls his eyes and continues his search through her bed, eventually coming across her phone at the very bottom of the bed underneath her comforter and sighing of relief when he finally turns the alarm off. he turns to her, dumbfounded as he's still sitting up. "why the actual fuck is your alarm set so early?"

"because i like to take my time getting ready in the mornings," she answers with a sigh, turning over and flopping on her stomach so her face is planted into her pillow.

matt just groans at her stuffing her face in her pillow, leaning forward and yanking it from under her. she instantly raises her head, mouth completely agape in offense. "you've gotta get up so we can go to school," he reminds her.

aurora narrows her eyes at him, raising up and turning to sit up like he is. "there's genuinely no way i'm going to school today."

matt blinks. "wasn't your mom just getting pissed at you yesterday for skipping?"

"yeah but it's not like she can beat my ass if she's not here," she shrugs. it's a little sad but it's true.

matt just lets out a sigh before his eyes suddenly widen like a cartoon characters. "oh fuck," he instantly straightens up further and reaches for his phone on the night stand on his side of the bed. "all i sent to chris and nick last night was a half-assed text saying i was staying somewhere else for the night. i completely forgot i have to fucking give everyone rides."

"shit," auroras eyes widen slightly as well before she begins to feel a little guilty. she watches him type something out speedily and shakes her head. "i'm sorry. i should've just told you to leave last night. i didn't mean to—"

"aurora stop," he immediately cuts her off, pausing his typing and looking up to her with the same soft eyes he's been looking at her with since last night. "i wanted to stay so i did. i don't regret it. i'll just have kingston pick everyone up or something."

"okay," she sighs, trying to push past the slight guilt still there. "you could still pick everyone up though. it's still really early."

"yeah i know but you want to skip," he says as if it's obvious before looking back down at his phone and continuing typing.

"that doesn't mean you couldn't still pick everyone up and go. like you don't have to miss school because of—"

"aurora," he cuts her off, shutting his phone off after clicking a button and giving her a blank look. "stop doing that. i'm not doing anything i don't want to. i want to be with—want to be here with you and go back to sleep."

auroras eyes soften and she nods. "okay."

matt looks at her for a moment longer than usual when his phone vibrates. he looks down at it and the corner of his lips immediately quirks upwards. "and now i can," he says, moving his phone back to the nightstand it was sat on before.

"did kingston say he'll pick everyone up?" aurora questions, moving her pillow behind her and moving further along the bed so she can lay back.

"yeah," matt answers simply, letting out a small yawn and doing the same as her to lay down. "i'll deal with the repercussions of marylou later."

aurora grins momentarily at the subject of the boys mother. "how is marylou doing? i miss her."

"just doing the same she always is," he murmurs simply, resting his head against the pillow behind him and pulling the covers to his chest. aurora has pretty much already cozied up and cocooned herself with the blanket.