2

The princes had completed their gurudakshina. Ashwatthama was crowned the new king of Southern Panchal. He had also invited Karn and Vrushali for his coronation (they had gotten married before the kalapradarshin).

Upon their return, Bheesm wasted no time in crowning Yudhishthira the Yuvraj. The Kauravas side didn't like it but kept mum as Gandhari was also happy with this decision.

It was after another tedious council meeting, that Bhishma and Vidhur were going towards Gandhari's chamber for some work. The Pandavas decided to join them to meet their Baadi maa. They had reached the garden near her temple when they heard

Gandhari : Maine Gurukul mai 100 putra bheje they Suyodhana aur kalapradarshan main bhi unhone hissa liya. Par ab mahal mai mere sirf 70 putra hai. Yusutsu bhi nahi hai Hastinapur mai. Yudh se wapas kyun nahi aaye hai woh ? Unhe kuch hua toh nahi hai, warna ab tak tum pure mahal ko saar par utha chuke hote. Kahan hai woh ??

Duryodhan: Woh Aang aur Dakshin Panchal mai hi rehenge ma. Mitr Ashwatthama, Mitr Karna aur Vrushali bhabhi ki maddad karenge.

Gandhari: Aisa kyun kiya tum ne putra ?

Duryodhan: Kyunki nahi toh woh Pandavon se prem karte hai aur nahi nafrat. Kyunki chahey main Yuvraj baanu ya Yuddishter woh sadev hi Rajkumar revenge. Unka iss siyasat se koi lena dena nahi. Mere dono mitr naaye naaye raja banne hai aur unhe abhi vishwas vaadhi logon ki zaroorat hai jo unko raj kariyon main sahayta kare. Unhe gyaan toh hai par hun rajkumaron ke pass experience bhi hai. Isiliye main unhe unki maddad karne ke liye unke pass bhej diya hai aur woh 3 unko is chakravyuh se dur rakhenge, surakshit rakenge.

Gandhari: Par...

Duryodhan: Maa saach - saach bolo, aapke alawa kissi aur ne unki germajudgi ko notice kiya hai kya?

Gandhari: Jesse tum thik samjho putra.

The fact that no one noticed 31 kuru princes missing greatly shamed them all and what further shamed them was the fact that Duryodhan thought that the only way to protect his youngest and often overshadowed siblings was by entrusting their care to his new friend and his wife.

They may hate Karn and think of Ashwatthama as a fool to side with Duryodhan but the truth remained that his decision to entrust their safety with them was probably a right one.