Chapter 9: Big bad wolf

Zacznij od początku

Sebastian looked at her with a confused expression like he was saying "What?" to her.

" I see how it is.. " Maxine thought, as she leaned right in front of the wooden stall integrating the wolf vendor with numerous questions.

The wolf vendor on the other side seemed nervous when the female kept asking weird questions to him. Though he was happy a female is talking to him, never in his life did he have a chance in seeing and smelling a female this close. Her cute frame and small size was to adorable.

Earlier he lied to the jaguar, he was jealous of him being beside her. If he can't get what she wants then the female might leave the jaguar making him have a chance in having a very female of his own.

"Pfft... what's so special about him. I am more handsome than that ugly male beside her. She should pick a better male" the wolf whispered, his chest puffing slightly. Once this female leaves the jaguar then he might have a chance in wooing her.

The wolf narrowed his eyes giving Sebastian a snarky look. He was sure that she would pick him rather than this hideous male covered in scars. He didn't care if this jaguar was a tera mark beastmen. To him all that matters were looks with his stunning appearance. He knew that females prefer young and handsome males as mates. He knew he had won by his good looks and soon this female will leave this tera beasts.

But to his surprise, the female gave him a nasty sink eye then walked away with the jaguar beastmen beside her.

(Anime: Nisekoi)

(Anime: Nisekoi)

When they left, the wolf vendor trembled in fear hiding behind his wooden stall. His bullet proof plan failed miserably once Sebastian snarled at him.

***
Maxine POV

(2 hours later...)

We didn't find any vendor that sold cabbages but I found one that sold interesting beads and fabric. I bought some of them to make it into a necklace. I tangle shiny gold fabrics together making a rope chain necklace. I placed it in Sebastian's neck, proud of my creation as it looked good on him.

In turn, he puffed out his chest confidently showing it off to everyone with a smile written all over his face.

After the trip to the stone wolf village, me and Sebastian departed back home as it soon became sunset. He transformed into his jaguar form, holding the bag in his mouth. I hopped on his back as he began to run.

We were soon at home, Sebastian went inside to prepare for dinner while I wanted to finish the rest of my necklaces outside in the front of our house. As I was raveling, I heard a sorrowful whimper not too far away that was in the direction near the river. It made me go to the sound.

I aghast seeing a beaten up wolf beastmen laying in the ground. Luckily, he was just unconscious as I checked his heart was still beating. The wolf beastmen was in a bad state, he had many severe wounds and dirty grime in his body. I felt worried and sad for whatever happened to him. I knew that I couldn't leave him be as it would be cruel to let him die.

I tried to carry him up but he was too heavy. Instead, I ran as fast as I could back to the house, to retrieve supplies for his wounds.

I ran through the door passing Sebastian who was cooking. In the bedroom, I grabbed my med kit from the duffel bag and fur cloth. I ran back out of the house holding a pile of stuff on my arms to the injured wolf beastmen.

He was still unconscious so I began healing his wounds right up.

***
3rd POV

The wolf beastmen began to wake up as he groaned, moving slightly. By the time he was fully awake, Maxine was already done healing his wounds.

As he slowly gained back consciousness, he found himself lying in the forest, recalling his abandonment by Lara. He stood there frozen, his jade eyes began to sink into a lifeless doll.

He felt small pokes touch his skin and turned his eyes to the source. The unknown presence was a female beside him.

He backed away ever so slightly as he was alarmed by the sudden touch. His eyes narrowed slightly, feeling tense as a growl within him crept up.

The unknown female was incredibly beautiful, she had white curly hair, glossy pink eyes, and pale white skin. He observed her at a safe distance as he was unsure about her ill intentions.

"Hi! I'm- " as she came closer to him, he growled viciously ready to pounce at her.

But at the last second, he pounced to attack her. Maxine with one finger poked his deepest scar causing him to fall back to the ground. He groaned and bellowed in pain as he moved left to right trying to diminish it.

"That's mean of you to attack the one who healed you " the female pouted, squatting down to his level.

He sat there not moving an inch, as he didn't know what the strong female would do to him. Instead, he glared at her, on edge that she might harm him in any way.

" Are you even listening? Look " she said, pointing at his bandage wounds

There he saw his wounds covered up in thin white cloth. He touched it, making it sting in pain. He looked at his healed up wounds and back at the female, then soon realized that she saved him. Soon, regretting his decision on attacking her as she proved that she was not a threat to him.

" I healed you, I won't harm you"

" You could at least tell me your name!" she angrily pouted.

He observed the female, who stood there with puffed up cheeks, irritated for some unknown reason. For whatever reason, the wolf beastmen thought she was similar to a bloating fish by the look on her face.

" Raymond" He quietly said, diverting his eyes away from her.

The wolf beastmen soon stood up, ignoring the female calls from behind. He could smell another presence somewhere around here. He cautiously looked around to find the unknown beastmen but nothing showed up. Chills ran down his spine fearing to not being able to find the beastmen. Without moments notice the wolf dashed into the dense forest, leaving the female all alone.

 Without moments notice the wolf dashed into the dense forest, leaving the female all alone

(Manga: Grand duke's pet)

In the trees, there stood a jaguar that gleamed bright orange as he leaned against the trunk, observing the live scenery. A low growl came within him staring at the unknown beastmen beside her.

♡♡ Thank you for reading! ♡♡