•chapter nine•

Magsimula sa umpisa

"So she might have spent the night with Daniel...but now they don't talk, so it was definitely a one-time thing," Indie confirmed confident in her words, even if she was confident that Darcy would actually stick to her promise of not sleeping with the Aussie again.

Marty looked somewhat relieved, which confused Indie and Penelope. He slowly nodded taking in what Indie had just said.

"I see...well as long as it's not one of my drivers," Marty chuckled, "I don't want either of them getting distracted."

Penelope laughed. "Isn't Sergio married?"

Marty nodded but told the women that any form of distraction to either Max or Sergio was not welcomed.

"Don't worry dad, I have no intention of ever distracting Max; I can't stand him." She informed her father, who seemed content with her answer. "He's so, just awful, and he always calls me Princess." Indie pouted. "Like, as if."

Both her parents let out a high-pitched laugh as the words left their daughter's mouth. Indie wasn't so happy with their lack of backing her up regarding what she had just said.

"Indigo, you dressed up as a princess every year for Halloween until you were 12...." Marty pointed out with a cocked brow. "And your email was princessindigo..." He said, trailing off only for Penelope to chime in.

"Let's not forget Lewis called you Princess for years, and he even brought you that Tiara to wear for prom."

That was true, but it was different because it was Lewis. He was doing it an affectionate way whereas Max just wanted to wind Indie up. And it worked.

"Anyway, I don't like Max. I like George and being at Mercedes with LH." Indie announced changing the subject away from her and Max and confirming that her loyalties were to her father's old team.

The plates on the table were cleaned up and Marty asked for the bill which was shortly brought over to the table. It had been a nice evening having dinner with her parents, but Indie was looking forward to getting home and seeing what Darcy had been up to.

As they left the restaurant, and after Indie had hugged her parents, Marty beckoned a cab for his daughter. "It's late, and I don't want you getting the tube." He said.

Indie laughed. "I'm 25, dad!"

Marty pressed his lips to Indie's forehead.

"Yes, and you're still my little girl. Let us know when you get home,"

•••

22:39

22:39

hey darc,
i'm just leaving dinner
with my parents
what are you up to?

INDIIIIGOOOOOO
we are at Jax's
xxxxxxxxx

are you drunk?
who is we?