💌┊artistic room of ours

Start from the beginning

last, count yourself as a potential artist if he stays in front of your painting until he blinks.

all of these just showing how professional beomgyu is in his field. the art industry without him? inconceivable.

three artworks passed by in the blink of an eye. literally. then beomgyu finally stops at a peculiar painting that caught his eyes. most importantly, he stays more than twenty seconds. taehyun watches how his lover's eyes softens looking at it, meaning the painting is indeed captivating or else why would he stop to examine it.

taehyun studies the painting too in curiosity. i guess working with an artist would make you understand about art even the slightest bit.

'what's special in it this time? this is the first painting he examines in the gallery.'then he realizes something. the painting, it has connection with kids indirectly. without a second thought, taehyun opens his mouth to blurt out.

"what do you think of kids, artist choi? "

beomgyu was caught off guard and raises his eyebrow at the sudden question taehyun threw at him. he turns his head to face taehyun.

"out of the blue, love?"he asks lowly with a confused look plastered on his face.

"just because."taehyun shrugs not so carelessly. beomgyu averts his eyes back to the painting, admiring it once more.

"i think they're a handful. they're loud, and messy. sometime has zero manners. they are exasperating, especially for an artist like myself."

taehyun unconsciously pokes his inner cheek with his tongue in dissatisfaction.

"can you give an example?"

beomgyu huffs before continuing. "painting with childrens around is very risky, anything bad could happen and i'd snap in merely second. which can lead to their irritating cries and tantrums."

"while i, wants to finish my artwork as soon as possible with no disturbance. that is why, having kids around me is a bad idea."

taehyun nods in understanding,"yes that is highly possible to happen, but as far as i know it is preventable by teaching them the opposite since a young age."

beomgyu swiftly gaze at taehyun's 'ready to argue' figure. he holds back a smile in awe.

"elaborate".

"well- you could help them build their character, direct them to be a good person, teach them manners or anything you like as long as it is mutually good for both." taehyun can't help his shining eyes as he explains about kids and parenting to the older.

"or make them a prodigy. wouldn't it be easier since they'd be taught by the most talented artist in korea?"

beomgyu flutters his eyes at the sentence. 'a child prodigy huh?' he finds it fascinating.

beomgyu smiles seeing the younger talks in excitement."is that so?"he asks softly with his honeyed deep voice that never fails to make taehyun's heart thump against his ribcage. even after hearing it for an infinity.

"good kid requires good parenting. you know it by now."taehyun flashes back a cheeky smile as beomgyu lightly chuckles before walking away to another painting at last.

but he suddenly pauses his steps, leaning besides taehyun's ear. close enough to smell the cologne taehyun is wearing. he whispers,

"...let's have kids then."

taehyun gulps at the closeness, he replies the older absent-mindedly.

"sure... wait what-"

beomgyu walks away leaving taehyun behind to another painting. taehyun catches up quickly.