"Woah! He has a girlfriend? Lucky bitc-" I widened my eyes at her and she immediately stopped. "Lucky girl, I mean- he is a handsome man and very nice and successful and-"

"Mom!" I scolded her since it was getting too much. And don't get me started on who that lucky bitc- girl was!

"Oops, sorry I was just appreciating him."

I sighed and massaged my forehead with my fingers. I was getting too anxious, plus my mom sitting here reading about it wasn't helping at all.

"You look stressed, lovey? What's up?" She finally turned off the Ipad and turned her attention to me.

"Nothing, it's just- about school. You know it's exam week." I lied.

"Oh I'm sure everything will be amazing since you are my smart, little, sweet, cute, beautiful baby girl." She said in a clingy voice and I cringed. I loved my mom the most but- she had her moments, yeah.

"I hope so."

"Wait," she said and started examining my face. She grabbed my chin and made me look at her which raised my anxiety even more. What now? Did she realize something from my face expression? Is she suspicious of something?

"What?" I chuckled nervously even if I wanted to act as normal as I can.

"It's nothing, I just realized how glowing and beautiful your skin is. I mean, you're always gorgeous but you have been glowing these days."

I gave her a cheesy and awkward smile. She knows how to read me so I didn't want her to start getting suspicious of something.

"Yeah well, I have a new skin care routine."

"Mmm, that's great," My mom nodded and took a sip of my Latte. "By the way, me and your father are going in Italy next week."

"Really?"

"Yes! I'm so excited." She sang and did her happy dance to the last part while still keeping the straw of my Latte in her mouth.

"Is it like a special occasion?"

"Well," she rolled her eyes playfully and gave me a big grin. "It's the date when we first met. Your dad actually planned this whole thing. He remembered the date and yeah, he finds it special."

My heart melted at their cuteness. I love them, man.

"That's so beautiful, mom."

"I know, right? Who could of thought that Elias Campbell can be a big, cute, goofball?" She said making me laugh at the thought of my dad being a clingy, little man.

I loved when everything was peaceful. I hope it'll stay like that.

~~~

For the past ten minutes I've been over thinking about this whole situation, again.

Does Dion know? Did he see the articles?

Should I send- no! No, Adeline. You wanted a break, right? But not when things were this complicated.

Fuck...

I was a freaking mess.

I don't know what should I do?

I was the one who ran away, now should I be the first one to text?

Maybe I should act like an adult and send it to him. And tell him that I think that we should stop seeing each other for a while.

Yeah, I definitely should do that.

Me:

'Celebrity Life'
Dion Garcia seen with a mystery woman.
Open link.

Sent. Now should I wait or write him a whole paragraph of my thoughts? Yes, I should do that.

Hey, I saw the news earlier and honestly I really panicked. I don't even want to think about the fact that we could've been exposed to the world. This whole situation made me very stressed and I think that we should stop seeing each other for some time, it'll be for the best. At least, I would like that. I would like to keep my mental health as my first priority and focus on my studies. Thank you for understanding.

And sent.

That's how you deal with problems as an adult.

I was pacing around the room while waiting for his reply which he wasn't sending. I couldn't calm down till I saw what he thinks.

I laid on my bed and tried not to check my phone every second but in vain. For the next fifteen minutes I couldn't keep still. But when I saw the three dots appearing, my heartbeat rose even more.

Dion:

Hey, firstly I think that I can definitely apologize for putting you in this stressful situation but I never knew that there were paparazzi there. However, you're right this whole secret and the fact that we can be exposed is very stressful. I get your feelings and I understand you for wanting to put your mental health and school at first place. Don't worry, we won't be seeing each other that often anymore. Thank you for explaining your feeling and not giving mixed signals, I appreciate that.

And just like that I started crying. I cried and cried because I felt so understood and respected like I've never felt in my entire life.

I finally found someone who made me feel like I've never felt before. Someone who made me feel so exquisite, valuable, safe and special.

But everything in life must be so complicated, right?

Gosh, can Dion propose to me already? It's getting boring🙄