"I'm going to go and read in the other room." I lied.

I quickly gathered my purse that carried my money and identification in it along with some other things of importance and slipped from the bedroom, making sure the door was shut behind me. I went over to the door and grabbed my shoes before slipping them on and leaving the room.

I half expected the door to open and Jake to pull me back into the room but it never happened. Even as I headed to the lobby and left the confines of the hotel, nothing but myself and the city before me.

I walked down the street and took a left then a right then one more left before I decided it would be okay to take my time gazing at things.

Immediately my attention was grabbed by a cute little white pearl pendant necklace. Placing my hand on the window I looked inside the store only to see a few more trinkets that held my attention. I wanted them.

As I entered the store a bell rang to announce my presence. From another adjoining room an elderly woman bustled up to the cash register and waited with a smile on her face.

"Late night shopper are we?" She said in a sweet and feeble voice.

I smiled. "Yes ma'am. I was just passing through and saw a few things I thought my mother would like."

"Such a sweet daughter you are." the woman responded.

I lifted the pearl necklace from its stand with another necklace and placed it before the elderly lady before I continued looking around. The other items that had grabbed my mind from afar were less appealing up close except a pearl bracelet that went beautifully with the necklace.

"I'll take just these two items." I smiled as I pulled out my wallet with my cash.

I watched her ring up the items, wrap them in little boxes and then bag them. "$347 even." She smiled as she pushed the bag towards me.

I pulled out seven fifty dollar bills and handed them to her. Once she gave me my change I put the bag in my purse with my wallet and headed on down the street. Heading towards the next street over I turned the corner into an alley and froze. There standing before me was the last person I ever wanted to see.

"Hi....Hello Aro." I did my best to keep the fear off my face.

"My sweet Renesmee." He glided towards me, his movement so quick, and ran his ice cold fingers along my cheeks. "What brings you to Seattle, are you alone." He inhaled deeply and then let out his breath with a twisted smile.

"Just shopping." I squeaked.

"You think your parents would do better to try and keep you on a leash especially with all the dangers lurking in Seattle at night."

Several hisses filled the quiet street around me. I looked up to see vampire after vampire hanging in the alley above me. Their eyes were focused and I could tell from the blacks of their eyes that they were hungry.

"I left my family, I wanted to try living on my own." I said as firmly as possible.

He laughed manically. "Dear child-"

"I'm. Not. A. Child." I said through gritted teeth.

In the next half second a hand was clamped over my mouth and then pain, unbearable pain, riddled through my body. The only thing that made sense at the moment was to scream so I did, only it was muffled from the hand.

"Learn to respect your elders little girl." The bittersweet voice of Jane said in my ear.

Another burst of pain shot through my body causing me to collapse against her and then I was released. Panting on the ground I stared up as Jane eyed me with amusement.