Chapter 4

{A Couple Days Later}

~Your POV ~

Himeno And A Few Other Devil Hunters Were Killed During A Massive Devil Attack. Angel, Beam, Prinz, Violence And I Had To Get Involved But Not Enough It's Important. Kobeni's Still Freaked Out. Power Had To Get Her Blood Drained Because She Drank Too Much During The Attack.

"If You Hate Humans So Much Why Do Spend Most Of The Time In The Living Room?!" Kobeni Anxiously Snapped At Angel.

"You Two Don't Count As Human." Angel Shrugged.

Kobeni Looked At Me.

"Is That Good Or Bad?" She Asked Me.

"Good." I Answered.

Angel Nodded As If To Say I'm Right. Kobeni Looked Embarrassed.

"I'm Sorry I Snapped At You." She Told Angel.

"It's Fine." Angel Shrugged.

Kobeni Sat On The Couch Opposite Angel And Started Reading Her Book. My Phone Went Off. I Checked It.

"Everything Alright?" Angel Asked.

"Hm? Yeah, Just My Old Devil Hunting Partner Died." I Said.

"Oh, I'm Sorry." Kobeni Said.

"Eh, It's Fine. Saiko And I Weren't Close, Beni." I Told Her.

Mina Saiko Managed To Survive As A Devil Hunter Until She Could Retire. She Just Died At 120. Impressive For A Devil Hunter.

"Did You Work With Them For Awhile?" Kobeni Asked.

"Not Really. A Year Or Two Maybe." I Answered.

{Two Weeks Later}

Angel Got An Assignment And I Was Told To Makes Sure He "Behaves". He Doesn't Want To Work, He Just Wants Ice Cream.

"What's That Look For?" Angel Asked.

"Sorry, It's Just You're...Funny? Entertaining? I Don't Know The Word." I Answered.

"I'll Take That As A Complement." He Said.

We Made It To The Building The Supposed Devil Sighting Was At.

"Let's Go." Angel Sighed.

We Went Inside. It's Dark, Abandoned, And Crawling With Rats. We Headed Downstairs To The Cellar. As We Climbed Down The Narrow Stairwell, I Could Feel Angel's Breath On The Back Of My Neck.

"Are You Scared Or Something?" I Teased The Person Behind.

"No." He Stated, Obviously Offended I Asked.

"I'm Only Teasing Because You're So Close To Me." I Told Him.

As We Neared The Bottom Of The Stairs, I Stopped Abruptly. Angel Was So Close He Bumped Into Me Immediately.

"Hey!-" He Started.

"Shh!" I Snapped.

"What?" He Muttered.

"Sleeping Devil." I Whispered.

Angel Took A Deep Breath.

"Can You Tell What..." He Whispered And His Voice Trailed Off.

"No." I Whispered Back.

Rat Came Scurrying Down. Angel Tried To Stop It But It Got Passed Him. Rat Went Over To The Sleeping Devil. It Seemed To Look At Us, As If Taunting Us. A Few More Rats Scurried In While We Were Distracted. They All Looked At Us Then Started Towards The Sleeping Devil. I Realized It Was The Ice Devil. Ironic.