~Imperfect and Human Are We?~

Heyo! This is for all you angsty, horror, sci-fi, purge fanatics! And today's song pairs so well with this book! 

APPLICATION:

User: @RIPTonyStark 

Name of story: The Purge

Complete/Incomplete: Not even close to being finished but I've got big plans. 

Genre: Horror??? Sci-fi??? Idk man

Fandom: n/a (it's not based on the purge movies)

Synopsis: 17 year old Alissa Hamilton is everything guys want and girls want to be. She's smart, rich, popular and drop-dead gorgeous. As the captain of the cheerleading team and her boyfriend being the star quarterback, she's considered High-school Royalty. But Alissa is far from perfect. Suffering from anxiety, an abusive family and a toxic boyfriend, she struggles against life.

But when the government announces that there's going to be a 30-day purge, Alissa teams up with an unlikely group of friends, and does what she needs to do to survive. 

--------------------------

Add on notes: There are mentions of abuse, toxic relationships and more. All of this is purely for plot purposes ONLY. The author doesn't fantasize or encourage any type of abuse and/or toxic relationships. The author also explained it thoroughly in the intro. Warnings will be given before abusive scenes so feel free to skip them if needed. 

My review: The book is definitely not finished and has so much potential between the lines. I actually really love the concept and idea of a month-long purge. The trauma the main character, Alissa experiences isn't too much which I like because some authors lather it on way too thick and it just makes it unrealistic and over the top. The formatting is good and so is the pace of the story as we get to delve a little bit deeper into them before the main plot. The grammar could use some work but it's not too noticeable (maybe 'cause I read super fast). Overall it's actually a really good book and highly underrated! Keep going and never give up!

Criticism (nothing too harsh I promise. You can skip this if you want but it's just some suggestions for you to improve. ): There's not much. Like I said above, the grammar. A good read-through should solve that easily. Also, maybe you shouldn't focus too much on the details, it'll seem kinda draggy later on. For the backstory, you shouldn't reveal so much at once because you want your readers to slowly get attracted to your story. A nice slow burn hehe. Lastly, the character's reactions, especially Alissa doesn't seem highly realistic. For example, at one moment she just accepts the abuse and runs away but at the next moment, she fights back. It's just a bit confusing. I don't really know what to recommend but maybe a few google searches about responses to trauma? And that's all :) All pretty minor stuff. 

**Remember you don't have to take this to heart. These are just MY suggestions and MY opinions. **

Would I recommend this book?: YES 100%! It's amazing and highly underrated! This book definitely needs more recognition and so does the brilliant author! 

Rating out of 10 stars: 7.8/10!

..................................................................

That's all! I'll see you at the next story! El out!

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW! (Thanks)