v - Expect rainy days

Start from the beginning

"Ow," You hit your head at the entrance door on purpose to stop yourself from thinking such nonsense.

This was all bemusing, and you didn't want to let anybody know just yet because maybe—maybe you were confusing your feelings with platonic love.

Maybe you just really liked her as a friend because you never really saw yourself being attracted to girls that way—of course not until you met— "No, I refuse to think about something as embarrassing as this." Again, you put yourself to a halt and entered the house.

It's been a few days since the firework show she put on for you, but after that whole incident with all your silent eureka and whatnot, she miraculously wasn't as busy as before anymore.

But that would also mean you'd spend more time with her and when you spend more time with her, your dubious feelings are going to continuously pile up until—

"This is too confusing!" You cry out, ducking in frustration with little awareness that you aren't alone in the room.

The traveler, sitting on the sofa with her tiny companion, removes the last piece of dango from her mouth to lure your attention. "[Name]? What's the matter?"

The two of them coming in and out at your place as they please every once in a while completely slipped away from your mind.

"Oh, hi, I didn't see you there," You chuckle as you stand up, all of your movements down to the tone of your voice were awkward. "Don't mind me, it's just been a weary afternoon."

"Woah, is booth picking really that intense?" Paimon floats up from her seat with a sudden interest in your reply.

"It's not about that," You sit across them on the floor, with a coffee table in front of the three of you. "It's about something else."

"Is it about your frustration over Yoimiya?" The traveler takes a guess, which made you instantly turn your head to face her.

"What? How did you—no, I mean, what frustration? I'm frustrated?"

"Not if anyone sees you angrily huffing and grumbling every time you finish catching up with Yoimiya."

"Do I do that often?"

"Too often," Lumine sighs. "Do you not like her?"

"Of course not! I like her a lot!" You blurt out, "But it's just... it's something embarrassing to talk about."

"Well, we won't pry unless you're ready to tell us—so, don't worry and take your time!" Paimon smiles and you hang your head low.

With a meek voice, you managed to mutter out a few words of confession, "How do you know if you're... in love?"

Lumine drops her half-eaten dango but Paimon was quick enough to catch and eat it for herself.

"You think you're in love with Yoimiya?" The traveler blinks as a result of being caught off-guard.

"I don't know!" Lumine's quick speculation caught you off-guard. "It's... it's too confusing. Do I just really like her as a friend or is it something else?"

"Well, Paimon thinks you're about to find out in a minute," Paimon munches, wondering whether or not she should give you a teasing smile or remain with a confused face.

"Why?"

"She'll be here to return the lyre she borrowed, remember?"

Your eyes widened in realization.

Paimon was right.

Two days ago, Yoimiya found a lyre that you stored in a small box, that you completely forgot about after bringing it along for the trip in case you got the chance to learn a few new songs during your time here.