"True, but it'll be hard to fit all our homework in, we already have quite a bit and I bet Binns and McGonagall will give us loads."

Professor McGonagall did, in fact, give them plenty, and explained why, when the class gave a particularly loud groan at the amount.

"You are now entering a most important phase of your magical education!" she told them, her eyes glinting dangerously behind her square spectacles. "Your Ordinary Wizarding Levels are drawing closer —"

"We don't take O.W.L.s till fifth year!" said Blaise Zabini indignantly.

"Maybe not, Zabini, but believe me, you need all the preparation you can get! Miss Potter remains the only person in this class who has managed to turn a hedgehog into a satisfactory pincushion. I might remind you that your pincushion, Zabini, still has spikes!"

As well as this, Binns had them writing weekly essays on the goblin rebellions of the eighteenth century. Professor Snape was forcing them to research antidotes. They took this one seriously, as he had hinted that he might be poisoning one of them before Christmas to see if their antidote worked. Professor Flitwick had asked them to read three extra books in preparation for their lesson on Summoning Charms.

Even Hagrid was adding to their workload. The Blast-Ended Skrewts were growing at a remarkable pace given that nobody had yet discovered what they ate. Hagrid was delighted, and as part of their "project," suggested that they come down to his hut on alternate evenings to observe the skrewts and make notes on their extraordinary behavior.

Delilah would not risk her limbs more than necessary, no matter how much she liked Hagrid; she already was during classes.

"I will not," said Draco flatly when Hagrid proposed this with the air of Father Christmas pulling an extra-large toy out of his sack. "I see enough of these foul things during lessons, thanks."

Hagrid's smile faded off his face.

"Yeh'll do wha' yer told," he growled, "or I'll be takin' a leaf outta Professor Moody's book.... I hear yeh made a good ferret, Malfoy."

The Gryffindors roared with laughter, even Delilah smiled, though she did agree with Draco. He flushed with anger, but apparently the memory of Moody's punishment was still sufficiently painful to stop him from retorting.

The class finally finished with a flourish of bites, burns, and stings.

"Hagrid will be disappointed when nobody comes," Delilah commented as she and Draco walked through the entrance hall.

"Let him, what are all those people standing by?"

They walked over and saw a notice pinned to the board.

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT

The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday the 30th of October. Lessons will end half an hour early —

So Snape wouldn't have time to poison all of them after all. Bummer.

Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast.

"Only a week away!" Lyra exclaimed. "It will be so cool to see all the magic, right Delilah?"

"Yeah, it will. Who do you think will enter?"

"I know Cedric Diggory and Angelina Jones are, and I heard Kim Boot is, she's Terry's older sister."

"Marcus Flint is too," Draco commented.

Lyra flinched, she obviously hadn't noticed him.

"It will be fun to see who gets chosen from Durmstrang and Beauxbaton," Delilah stated.

The Forgotten TwinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara