010 ♕ And Eve Was Weak ༄

Start from the beginning

"You talk to Mia?" Lucy swept to Terry's side, didn't look at Martin. Touched her arm on the rest there.

"Doctor Garland, yes, she tells me all kinds of stories. We became friends during my stay. I picked Jane due to her. She really helped me out through... I'm sorry, I didn't know you two were..."

"Mia suggested Terry take her leave after the pregnancy was noted by her. Always so helpful, that girl." Brenner's fingers curled around Lucy's elbow to lift her up. Hand smoothed up over her back. "Always so full of ideas too."

"Terry, I hope you and the baby both are well after this. Take care of yourself." Lucy took the woman's hands and slipped away as Brenner guided her to the door. Peered back with a silent plea that resonated in Terry's bright eyes.

"Go to the garden." Martin pressed his lips and shut the door on her. She eyed his name painted there, traced the letters as she paced off.

Lucy hurried to the gardens before Brenner could change his mind. Saw Mia there waiting to hug her.

"What are you doing?" She whispered when Mia came out, hands still holding each other. "Terry Ives."

"I helped her. She's seeing things too. Bit paranoid, but she sees through Brenner and all of them. Just playing nice until she can make her escape. Others...they've gotten out. We did that."

"You can't do this."

"You'd help if you were still in here. I know it." Mia uttered.

Lucy wasn't so sure.

"Tell her to go. Now. Brenner's too fond of her, I don't like it. He was like this with me."

"You sound almost jealous." Mia had paused.

"I am, but that's not the point. Her baby. They want her and her baby. She has to go now." Lucy peered around. "We shouldn't talk about this. Just...I'm worried about you."

"Don't." Mia puffed, kissing her cheek before holding her again. Mouth in her ear. "Terry's gathering information. Others are believing it too. We could bring this entire place crashing down."

Lucy pulled away like her sister burnt. Mia held tight, almost manic.

"Mom and dad were trying to do it, we'd make them proud. Don't you see, Lucy? I was meant to help them. We were meant to end this."

"Dying won't make them proud." Lucy shook her head. "Don't talk about this, not even here."

"He's in your head, isn't he? Brenner." Mia's eyes narrowed and Lucy opened her mouth, eyes flickering.

"No, no, he's-"

"Please, Lucy, I know you. You like this at times. Like feeling in control of something. Well, you're not. He's just letting you think you are. You love him, don't you? You'd rather he kiss your head-"

"It's better than a beating!" Lucy shot back, fists clenching because she's had enough.

"No, it isn't. It's how he keeps you and he'll have you beaten anyways." Mia neared, heating up. "We're finally able to do some good here and you're choosing his side. You act like one of them."

"I am not on his side, I have to act. For us."

"You don't want to give it up. These abilities. This place. The control. When it got our parents killed!" Mia stopped when she saw her sister's eyes change.

"You think it's my fault?" She stated. Quieting to stand taller. "I always knew you did."

"No, I didn't mean that-"