Great Minds Think Alike - AU - (Narla&Louise)

Start from the beginning

Niall and Louis grumbled twisting around to untie their laces. Niall ended up taking off his shoes, pushing his laces into his shoe as he couldn't be bothered to tie them. However, Louis was sat on the floor, tying his shoes as his best friend gathered their stuff. Standing up, they gazed around the classroom, trying to see who looked suspicious out of the remaining students. Their gaze landed on Elise and Carla who were wiping tears whilst putting things in their bags.

Realising she had dropped her phone as she stood up, Carla held out her hand thinking they were alone. Her Samsung Galaxy floated up and landed gently on her palm. Seeing this, Niall's and Louis' jaws fell open, staring in shock at Carla. Noticing they weren't alone, Elise gasped.

"Carla! Niall and Louis, 2 o'clock!" Carla's head snapped up, staring in fear at the two boys. Elise was about to say something, but was cut off by Niall.

"But you - "

" - the phone - "

" - floor - "

" - in your hand - "

" - floated?"

Elise couldn't help but be amused by the boys not being able to form a simple sentence, yet managing to know what the other is about to say. From what she knows, they've been together since primary school, so she guesses that's the reason why they're so in sync.

"Well, er, it's a magic trick?" Carla said, lamely. "It's on a bit of string."

The boys gave her 'do-you-think-I'm-stupid' look. Carla chuckled nervously, looking at Elise and asking - well, thinking - for help. Neither girls knew what to say, knowing no words could make this better. No words could cover their tracks, or be a perfectly good explanation to what just happened.

***

Both girls panicked. What if they told everyone? Their secret would be out and people would think they're freaks. They weren't unpopular, they were friendly with everyone. That would certainly changed. They'd become the bottom of the food chain; getting bullied by everyone. The only friends they would have would be each other. That's surely what would happen, right?

Wrong.

The boys were freaked out, but they were understanding. When Carla and Elise took them back to their flat, they sat them down and explained everything. Every little thing. From when they found out they had abilities, to when and how they met, to the moment they got caught.

Every little thing.

***

"I can't remember Elle's story, but when I was little, my mum told me I would be a really quiet baby. Instead of crying when I wanted my dummy or a bottle, I would look at them and they'd be in my arms in seconds. My mum has the same ability, only she has to hold out her hands when she's moving something. It wasn't until I was around 5 when I realised what I could do and figure out it wasn't exactly normal," Carla explained to the two boys sat on the sofa, perpendicular to the one she's sat on.

"Mines quite similar. When I was younger, around 5, I told my mom that I could hear peoples thoughts. My dad has the same ability, so he told me I had to keep it a secret. As I got older, my mom and dad kind of taught me how to use it. They were tempted to send me to a private school, but I didn't want that. I wanted to be as 'normal' as I could," Elise told them.

"For me, primary and secondary school was pretty tough. I was so tempted to just cheat and show off what I could do, but I promised my mum that I wouldn't tell a soul. It wasn't until I met Elle when she came to England on a holiday that I told someone other than my family," Carla took over, Elise nodded in agreement.