Chapter VIII. The Prince Of Winterfell

Start from the beginning

I stand "I'm Lyanna Lannister of Winterfell, daughter of Eddard Stark. Hi"

Brienne leads the chained Jaime and me forward.

Jaime says "A captive knight has a right to know his captor's identity."

I say "He is right we have a long journey to King's Landing together"

Brienne says "Brienne of Tarth."

"Oh_"

Jaime cuts me to stop talking not to tell her we take Tarth "Tarth, Tarth, Tarth. Crescent moons and starbursts. Lord Selwyn Tarth. Your father."

"Do you have any brothers and sisters, my lady? It's a long way to King's Landing. Might as well get to know one another."

"Have you known many men? I suppose not. Women? Horses? Ah."

I hit his arm and Brienne forces him down to his knees on the riverbank so I fall because of the chains "You piss them off and I am the one who hurt her knees"

"I didn't mean to give offense, my lady. Forgive me."

A canoe sits nearby. Brienne looks off down the river, concerned about being seen "Your crimes are past forgiveness, Kingslayer."

Jaime says "Why do you hate me so much? Have I ever harmed you?"

"You've harmed others, those you were sworn to protect, the weak, the innocent."

I say "But he did not harm you"

Jaime says "Has anyone ever told you you're as boring as you are ugly?"

"She is beautiful, forgive my husband's behavior"

Brienne pulls us up and leads us to the river's edge "You will not provoke me to anger."

Jaime says "I already have. Look at you. You're ready to chop my head off. Do you think you could? Do you think you could beat me in a fair fight?"

"I've never seen you fight."

I say "You must see him he is amazing" I and Jaime smile at each other.

Jaime says "The answer is no. There are three men in the kingdoms who might have a chance against me. You're not one of them."

Brienne says "All my life men like you have sneered at me. And all my life I've been knocking men like you into the dust."

"If you're so confident, unlock my chains."

I say "Let's see what happens."

Brienne says "Do you take me for an idiot? In!"

Jaime and I enter the canoe and lie down. Brienne boards as well and sits in the stern. Jaime says "I took you for a fighter, a man Pardon. Woman of honor. Was I wrong? You're afraid."

"Maybe one day we'll find out, Kingslayer." Brienne launches the canoe and paddles it downstream.

》》》》《《《《