Chapter 1: The Start of the Greatest Adventure

It's a beautiful day in Springdale.  The sun is shining, the trees are growing, the flowers are blooming, the birds are singing and the Yo-kai are causing their usual mischief.  Oh, I'm sorry, did that sound a bit off?  Well, sorry if it did, dearest readers, but in this world, Yo-kai are everywhere.  Soaring through the skies, swimming through the waters, running along the land, burrowing beneath the ground.  They even have their own world from which they come from!

And in this world, three individuals know about the existence of Yo-kai.  Buck Hazeltine, who was over in the state of Texas in the county of BBQ, Hailey Anne Thomas, a young nerdy girl who lived in an apartment complex at Breezy Hills, an area neighboring Uptown Springdale, and Nate Adams, the boy from Uptown Springdale who was they very first human of the modern day to interact with Yo-kai.

Currently, our main protagonist, Nate, was walking down the sidewalks of Uptown Springdale, listening to some music as he walked.  You see, a lot had happened since that scuffle with the Ghoulfather and his "Ghoulfamily" as it were.  Nate decided to wise up and study more, getting smarter and smarter with each passing day.  He also began to exercise a lot more as well, his strength getting more impressive as the days went on.  Now he's even smarter than Eddie and even stronger than Bear, if you can believe it!

But back to the topic at hand, Nate was out on his morning walk while listening to his music.  Following close behind him were his two Yo-kai friends; Whisper, his self proclaimed best Yo-kai Butler, who in all actuality was a massive know nothing, and Jibanyan, a cat Yo-kai who had an abnormal grudge against trucks.  The key word being "had", as Jibanyan has recently gotten over that grudge after having another encounter with his original owner, Amy.

As he walked along the sidewalk near the local Everymart, he took off his headphones, unplugged them from his phone's headphone jack and put his phone in his pocket.  He then walked towards the Everymart, waving hello to Hungramps (who was taking residence outside the building) as he entered.  Once he entered, he walked to the fridges the store had, grabbed a Y-Cola, went to the counter and paid for the drink as he scanned it.

Everymart Employee: Thank you for shopping with us!

Nate: You're welcome!

With a kind smile, Nate opened up the Y-Cola and began to drink.  After a nice, long sip, Nate took the can away from his lips and let out a content sigh...and then, a slight burp.

Nate: Y-Cola always hits the spot after a long walk.

Whisper: Just make sure you don't chug it down like last time.

Nate: Yeah, yeah, I get ya.  Well, I should probably head on over to the Secret Base.

Jibanyan: Roger that!

The three quickly exited the building and made their way to the back alley of the Everymart, where no one could see them.  Nate then took out a small mirror and tapped it, causing it to light up.

Nate: Alright, take us to the Secret Base.

In an instant, Nate, Whisper and Jibanyan were engulfed in a bright flash of light.  Once the light faded away, the three of them were gone, leaving no trace of their existence at all.  But don't be mistaken; they aren't dead.  The device known as the Pocket Mirapo simply warps people to places where the Yo-kai Mirapo has been awakened.  In this case, the three denizens of Springdale were warped to the forested area where Buck's Secret Base was.

After a bit of a walk, Nate made his way to the Secret Base, which was a red shack atop a large tree that had a dock where they'd shove off on the Raft.  And by said dock, Buck, Hailey, and her Yo-kai partner Usapyon were gathered and chatting.