Miramar... again?

I have been called back to TOPGUN for some mission. The details were limited. I wasn't sure what it could be about but I don't have a very good feeling about it. 

As I walked into the classroom at TOPGUN I was hit with all the good memories. Unlike my dad, my time at TOPGUN was great. I met my best friend, Diana Kazansky, or call sign: Ace. After we met was soon discovered our father's friendship. When Maverick pulled Roosters papers to the academy, I had no one. 

Topgun:

When I walked into the Topgun classroom, I was met with stares from everyone. I didn't have a Rio like everyone else. I was walking down the aisle to the only empty seat when someone in a quiet but confident voice said "you can sit here".

I sat down next to her and introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Davina Blackwood but people call me Cry-baby. 

"I'm Diana Kazansky"

I grinned at her and shook her hand. That name sounded really familiar. "wait, Kazansky like Iceman?"

"Yes that's my father," she said almost sheepishly

"No way, my dad attended Topgun with him. Maverick said they were rivals but had a great friendship."

"your dad's Maverick?"

I nodded my head

"I have to introduce you to him"

Present:

I lived with Diana during our time at Topgun. For the mission,  Diana and I rented an apartment together.

We were the first ones to arrive. We sat in our old seats from our old days at Topgun. 

"So Devina, what do you think this is all about?"

"I don't know but something seems off about it" I said nervously.

"Oh you always worry about stuff, Just let loose"

By that time more and more people started to walk in, but nobody that I recognized. I looked down at my hands patiently waiting for the class to start when I felt Diana dump my arm and say "look at the hottie" I looked up to see what she was talking about and saw him. 

"Rooster?"