Drugged Not Killed

Hotch was waiting for us when we arrived. I stepped out of the S.U.V. and we make our way toward the house. Rossi and Reid were in the living room of the second victim's house.

"What did you find out at the third victim's house?" Rossi asked me.

"She had a heroine addiction and so did the others. Hotch did you find that there was no father, only mother and child?" I said.

"Yes. The pictures I saw didn't have a father figure in them." Hotch said as I got out me phone and called Garcia again. The phone rang.

"Twice in one day. You must really love my knowledge." Garcia said.

"Hello to you too. I need you to see if any of the victims went to a maternity clinic." I asked as I put her on speaker.

"Give me a second...Vuala! They all went to one in the past five years."she said.

"I hear those keys clicking. You've been multitasking haven't you." I said.

"Why yes I have. They have all been to the maternity clinic called Women and Children's Hospital of Lafayette."

"You have the address too?" Morgan asked.

"4600 Ambassador Caffery Parkway." I said.

"Thanks Baby-....Thanks Garcia." Morgan said.

"Rossi, Reid, Morgan and I will go to the hospital. JJ and Provost go to the Coroner's Office and check out the bodies." Hotch said.

"Let's go." JJ said gesturing to the door.

JJ and I walked outside of the SUV and headed to the Coroner's office.

"Have you ever seen a dead body before?" She asked as we drove.

"Yeah. My mom was fascinated with Forensic Science and she normally had pictures lying around the house." I said.

"Wow."

"I know."

We got there and walked toward the building when I asked.........

"JJ, I have to ask. Why does Morgan call Garcia BabyGirl?"

"They have a very...unique relationship." she said.

"Are they dating?"

"No."

"So there is nothing going on between them."

"Wait you....You're jealous. You're in love with Morgan!" JJ said as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Its not love. I'd say its a tinny little crush. Please don't tell anyone." I said.

"Why would I tell anyone? I'm a girl. I've got secrets too."

"Thank you JJ."

We walked into the building and headed to the front desk. JJ and I grabbed our credentials and showed them to the woman sitting at the front desk.

"I'm Agent Jennifer Jareau and this is Agent Avery Provost. We're here to see the victims of the South-Land Killer." JJ explained.

"Got down the hall, third door to the right." she said.

"Thank you." I said as be began to walk down the corridor, "Is that what we're calling him now?

"I didn't come up with it, the public did." JJ said. We came up to a room that had EXAMINATION ROOM written across the door. We knocked on the door and was greeted by a man in scrubs and latex gloves.

"Examination Specialist David Jackson. Nice so meet you." he said.

"I'm SSA Provost and this is SSA Jareau." I said.

"Any new discoveries?" JJ asked.

"Yes we found a small hole in the wrist. It looked like it was caused by a needle." he said as he lifted a victim's wrist.

"Maybe the trauma to the head was a diversion. She could have been drugged and hitting her in the head was to keep us from noticing. How many of the three victim's had this?" I asked.

"Only the first two. When we found this we tested them and found one drug in their systems: Rohypnol" the doctor said.

"That would explain why the last victim was strangled. I thought he was changing M.O. but its more than that. He is devolving!" I said.

"He's going on a spree." JJ said as we left the room. We walked out of the building and headed for the car. As soon as I sat down, I got out my phone and called Hotch.

"Hotchner." He answered.

"Hey Hotch, its Provost. You know how I said the UNSUB had a different M.O. for the last victim its because he's devolving. He drugged the first two. I think he missed the last victim's vein." I said as JJ turned on the sirens.

"That would explain the short cooling-off period."

"JJ and I think he's going on a spree." I said.

"Good work. Report to the police station."

"Yes sir." JJ said.

_____________________MORGAN'S POINT OF VIEW______________________

Rossi, Reid, Hotch and I walked in to the Secretary's Office when Hotch got a call. The only words I heard him say "Good work. Report to the police station."

"What did the ladies say?" I asked.

"All the victims were drugged. The last victim was strangled because the UNSUB used a needle to drug the victims but he missed the vein. He had to strangle her because he panicked. It looks like he's going on a spree." Hotch explained.

"Damn." I said.

"What is it?" Rossi asked.

"What does this remind you of? What case?" I asked.

"The Surf-Board Slasher. Same M.O., victimology, and cooling-off time." Reid said.

"If he's a copy-cat then the UNSUB's going to strike again soon." Reid said.

"Today." Hotch said.