Her body arched to hold their touch while her hands found their way under his shirt. A few seconds later it was gone. Merlin, the way her fingers felt against his skin. He gasped her name and pulled away from her, only to breathlessly take her in for a moment. Her hazel eyes met his and she seemed to be feeling the exact same thing.

"Sleep with me," she pleaded softly, and Draco sucked in a sharp breath.

"Then make sure you aren't too loud this time, or Potter will be there in a moment, wand at the ready," he whispered teasingly after collecting himself.

A smile crept onto her lips thanks to his words. Draco swallowed hard. He loved that smile, fuck yes he did, and he felt like he'd say or do almost anything just to see it a little more often. His head was spinning.

"I promise," she answered just as quietly, then occupied his lips again.

This time it was a slow, passionate savoring. They clung to each other, stifling moans that were trying so hard to force a way out, and it seemed to Draco that a storm was raging inside him again. Except now it was a really good storm that erupted intensely.

It wasn't until Granger was shaking from her climax, her lips quivering and struggling not to make a sound, that Draco allowed himself to let go as well.

After that, they laid quietly next to each other for a while. Granger was huddled up against him, her head resting on his chest, which was still heaving violently, and traced small patterns on his skin that made him shiver over and over again. He ran his hands through her brown curls, weaved them around his fingers and finally closed his eyes. Under her gentle touch, it was only a few minutes before Draco fell into a deep sleep. Maybe her mere presence was the reason.

When Draco opened his eyes the next morning, rested and surprised that the morning sun was already shining through the fogged window, she was gone.

***

The birds chirped excitedly as Hermione sat down at the small table on the terrace. The morning sun warmed her face, even though the air was already bitter cold. It was early December and Hermione hadn't expected anything else - after all, they were close to Scotland. Snow would fall soon. She listened to the sound of the sea for a while, taking small sips of the hot black coffee Harry had handed her.

She still couldn't believe it. She had left the brothels of London's magical nightlife behind. She had her best friend back who was unharmed. Zabini and Malfoy had turned out to be the White Knights. But what was even more incredible, the blonde wizard she had shared the bed with last night seemed to have similar feelings as she had.

First, uncertainty had nagged at her as she had paced in front of the small room where Draco had already laid in his bed. She hadn't been sure how he would react to her invading his privacy like that. When she had finally done so, because the desire to be with him had been almost overwhelming, she had recognized that the same had been true for him.

His gazes and tender touches had sparked fireworks in her that she had only felt once in her life. With another wizard she really couldn't think of right now. If Ronald Weasley knew what she was doing here with Draco Malfoy of all people, he would be rolling in his grave, that was for sure. Hermione swallowed her macabre thoughts and resolutely pushed them away.

There was no point in worrying about it. Ron was dead. It had been over four years since he had died, but she had to live on. And unfortunately - she sighed deeply - there was only one person who gave her the support she needed to even try. For the first time in years. And that was, as she finally admitted to herself, said blonde ex-Slytherin. It had only been a few weeks since he had first faced her in the Baton Rouge, but he was already driving her insane. In a good way.

She didn't know how to deal with it yet. Right now, in this house, with Harry around, it seemed strange and selfish to allow any feelings for Malfoy. But didn't he deserve them? After all, for weeks he had done everything to make Hermione's life somehow more bearable. Wasn't he the reason why she had something to hold on to again?

A knock snapped her out of her thoughts and Hermione flinched.

It had come from the front door and she jumped up and rushed back into the living room. Harry was already on his way to the door.

"What are you doing?" she hissed in horror, clutching the mug she was still holding.

"Don't worry, Hermione, it's an announced visitor. You know the house is protected by Blaise. He's the Secret Keeper." Hermione remembered, but the fear that had overwhelmed her didn't let up. "Plus, it will answer some of your questions."

A grin crept onto Harry's face and he looked up the stairwell to where Malfoy had appeared. He had shaved and his hair was damp. Now he watchfully raised his wand.

Malfoy's eyes met hers and Hermione's cheeks flushed. She held his gaze and felt a wave of heat wash over her as she thought of last night. Their first time. The first time without a contract between them. This experience had also removed any doubt that the physical attraction she had already felt in Malfoy's apartment had anything to do with the Baton Rouge's spell.

She found it difficult to break the eye contact, and he seemed to have the same problem. But now Harry covered the last few meters and swung the door open, causing Hermione to raise her hand and put it in front of her face. The morning sun, still low in the sky, was blinding her and she couldn't immediately see who the visitor Harry had apparently been expecting was.

Malfoy's loud gasp told her that he certainly hadn't expected the person on the doorstep.

"Where is she?" an energetic voice demanded and Harry was pushed aside. Hermione's legs threatened to give way. She knew that voice.

And there she was. Flaming red hair pulled back in a tight ponytail, one hand on her slightly rounded stomach and a strained twinkle in her piercing eyes.

"Ginny."

It was no more than a whimper from Hermione's lips. She heard a low moan behind her.

Malfoy, who had meanwhile reached the bottom of the stairs, had also spotted what Hermione had noticed immediately. The small baby bump that graced Ginny's slender body hadn't gone unnoticed by him either.

"That just can't be true," she heard his horrified voice behind her.

Then everything went black.