Chp. 2

You exited your cabin. . . Your heart beat having died down a bit, common sense also kicking in as you came to the conclusion this was probably just a sick joke.

Glass shard still in hand, you squinted your eyes at the dying fire. Why did it have to be so damn dark? You checked left and right, hand on the front post of the porch. It was deathly silent, no flapping wings of birds or skittering of forest animals- even the cool breeze seemed to have died.

You did not like this. Contemplating turning right around and returning to the somewhat "safe" cabin.

You did not do that.

you left the low light of the front porch and padded as quiet as you could (despite the subtle crunch of leaves under your feet) towards the fire, now making out a distorted shadow crumpled on the ground- you stilled.

It could be anything, a bag- though that would be a pretty large bag. . . Maybe it was-

You had no ideas, the contorted figure half in the fire and half lying uncomfortably beside it.
You took a deep breath, walking forward quickly.

Only to fall and scramble backward with a choked scream-

Phoebe. That crumpled, burned, mutilated-bag like figure was Phoebe.

You turned around to retch, only for nothing to come.
Her arms and legs were bent and broken at unnatural angles, her spine snapped in the middle to create an even worse shape out of her.

Her left shoulder, neck and half of her face had been shoved unceremoniously into the flames, hideous burns covering them. One eye left to melt out while the other just bled. Most of her hair gone, some of it strewn about on the ground or down her back-

You retched again- Getting up and stumbling a few steps before falling again. Your brain not being able to comprehend what it just saw-

You looked up. God you wish you hadn't done that.
This time a full sob escaped you. Ray and Kourtney's body's impaled to each other, missing articles of clothing and shoved into a thick tree.

Now, you didn't necessarily like these people, but this- this was just Brutal and for no reason you could think of except. . .

Oh no.
Oh no no no no.

You whipped around, shooting to your feet even if your knees felt as weak as ever- the fear and adrenaline pumping though you forcing your legs forward, you sprinted around the edge of your cabin to where you'd last seen Zak. Loosing a breath when you didn't see him but your heart racing faster as you thought of where he could be.

You heard a loud snap near you, causing you to jump six feet in the air as you looked to your left.

Nothing. Just dark ominous forest.

You shook. A brilliant thought coming to your mind.

God this was like a fucked up horror movie-

You broke into another sprint, this time to where you remembered the truck was parked. Cursing yourself for not going there immediately-

'What about Sophia? You're really going to leave her after everything?' Your mind supplied, causing you to stumble a bit.

You hated yourself for stopping. Looking back at your cabin.

Y-you couldn't just leave. Plus you didn't even have the key's. What the fuck we're you thinking?