"Kid," he points to the destruction caused by Trapster. "We got to talk."

"About what? I stopped him, didn't I?" 

"No one's saying you didn't stop the bad guy, but look around you." I watch as an officer tries to pull a horse out of glue. "Is this the way Captain America would have done it? Cap would've stopped Trapster in five seconds, you took three minutes. With lots of collateral damage."

"I do a good job."

"For a clueless rookie," he walks past me.

"Yeah! .....Wait, what?!"

"Look," he stops walking and places his hands on his hips. "Everyone starts out clueless. Even Iron Man back when he was a novice. But he learned... eventually. What would you say if I could help turn eventually into right now for Spiderwoman?"

I chuckle, "I knew it. You want me to buy a line of self-help books. Jokes on you, I only read fantasy and Sci-Fi, with the occasional romance and mystery. Well, then, if we are done here, I'm leav-" I start walking away but I stop dead in my tracks as Fury says.

"I'm serious, Emma Parker." How the fuck?"

"You know?" I turn around again, to see his evil grin. 

"Everything." He answers. "Super spy, remember?"

"And bam! One serious part of my life... growing up with Uncle Ben and Aunt May, it was a pretty typical childhood, until the radioactive spider-bite. Then came the powers, and on that terrible night, I lost Uncle Ben. That was when I made a promise to do something good with the hand that fate dealt me. Things I wouldn't joke about even if I knew how."

"With great power comes great responsibility." Fury re-quotes my Uncle's famous line. "Good words from a good man."

"Uncle Ben was the best," I nod.

"It's been, what, a year now?"

"Today would have been his birthday." I look down, crossing my arms.

Fury places a hand on my shoulder, "you've honored him doing what you do. Now I'm offering you the chance to do better. To really learn about responsibility."

"Translation?" I look up.

"I want to S.H.I.E.L.D. train you to be a better Spiderwoman. The Ultimate Spiderwoman."

"And how ultimate is ultimate?" I look behind him to see Trapster getting away. Fury takes out a gun, points it up, and fires. The beam knocks off a part of lamp-post, and the lamppost hits Trapster on the head, knocking him out.

"That ultimate."

"Sweet!" I say as my phone then rings. I see it as Mary-Jane Watson calling and I hit ignore call. I chuckle, "I should probably set my ultimate cell phone to ultimate vibrate."

"Your tech needs an upgrade. Try ours." He places this S.H.I.E.L.D. tech on my web-shooter, and it turns into some weird upgraded web-shooter. "S.H.I.E.L.D. tech guys developed this next-gen web-shooter."

I look at it and then back at Fury, "too big, too clunky." He sticks his hand out. "I didn't say no." I take a step back.

"With your talent and my training, you could learn to be a better hero. The next Cap, the next Iron Man. One of the greats."

"Thanks for the offer but, I'm not allowed to talk to strangers." I start walking away. "Have a nice life, okay? Cool." I shoot a web and swing away.

"My name is Emma Parker, I am fifteen years old, and I'm a freshman at Midtown High. I am the one, the only, your friendly neighborhood Spiderwoman."