Prologue

Y/n pov

I was sitting in silence waiting for Kyojuro to come back from his mission. He seemed to be happy about it since he would have three younger slayers accompanying him.

I told him he shouldn't be excited about going to fight a demon, but he said it's better to be happy while you can.

I soon saw his crow fly down to me and landed beside me. Maybe Kyojuro sent a message saying he would be late. But his crow seemed to hold a sad expression.

"Hey little guy, what's the problem. Kyojuro eat to much again?" I asked the crow.

"I would like to relay the message that the Flame hashira Kyojuro Rengoku has died due to a upper moon demon." He said.

I stood still for a moment. Kyojuro is dead? He can't be dead, he said he would come back.

"How did he die?" I asked the crow.

"He died by a punch into and through the stomach. He lost a lot of blood, but he died with a smile." He said lowering his head.

"Hehe, even when he's dying he still smiles." I said while tears began to fall.

"He has already had things planned out, and he would like you to go to his residence to grab some of his belongings. This includes his haori and his sword, minus the sword hilt.

"Thank you, I'll be heading that way now." I said standing up from my seat.

"Would you like for me to accompany you miss?" The crow asked.

"No, I'll be fine on my own." I said as I started to walk towards the Rengoku residence.

As I walked I spotted Mitsuri up ahead. She stopped and said, "Hey Y/n, I heard what happened, and I want to say I'm sorry and that I'm here for you if you want to talk. You can even come by to relax and pet my cats." She said trying to comfort me.

"I'm fine Mitsuri. I'll be off now." I said as I walked off. I wasn't one for small talk and I didn't want her to feel sorry for me.

As I reached the Rengoku residence I saw Kyojuro's little brother in the yard.

"Hey Senjuro." I said walking in.

"Hey Y/n." He said as he continued to sweep.

"Are you alright? Where's you dad at right now?" I asked as I lowered myself to the boys height.

"Dad's still in the same place as ever. Last time I checked he was passed out from drinking again. And for me," He began as tears began to form in the corners of his eyes.

I pulled him into a hug. "Hey its alright, it's okay. You still got me right? And I'm sure that Kyojuro is watching over us in spirit right now."

Senjuro cried as he hugged me back. I picked him up and carried him inside. I've always seen Senjuro as a little brother, and he saw me as a older sister. And I made a promise that if something were to happen to Kyojuro, I would check in on Senjuro everyday.

Days passed by and a boy named Tanjiro came by with Kyojuro's stuff. Senjuro kept his crow while Tanjiro got his sword hilt. I got the sword and the haori as a gift from the Rengoku's, well more like from Senjuro and Kyojuro.

I stayed a few more days to comfort Senjuro and then left to go back to my own home. As I got home I put Kyojuro's sword up on display, where it would remain untouched.

I also hung up his haori right underneath his sword.

"I'll killed the demon who killed you Kyojuro." I said to myself.

I began to think of how I would search for this demon.

"That kid Tanjiro might know something. He should be at the butterfly estate right now." I said as I grabbed my stuff and headed out the door.

Once I reached the butterfly estate I walked in and began to search for Tanjiro. I then found him sitting in a bed being treated by Shinobu.

"Oh hello Y/n, is there something I can help you with?" Shinobu asked.

"I need to speak with Tanjiro alone." I said as I took a seat next to the bed Tanjiro was in.

Shinobu left while saying something under her breath but I didn't pay any mind to it.

"So what do you need Y/n?" Tanjiro asked as he looked at me.

"Can you remember what the demon that killed Kyojuro looked like? I need all the details you can remember." I said.

" Well if I remember correctly, the demon and Pink hair and only wore pants and a sleeveless haori that was cut off at the waist. He had a bunch of blue tattoo designs running along his entire body as well. And he only fought using his fist. That's all I can remember about him" Tanjiro said.

"Thank you Tanjiro. This was very helpful." I said as I got up and left.

"I wonder why she asked that." Tanjiro said to himself.

I began to walk toward the nearest town. My crow began to follow behind me as well.

"I need you to look for a demon that matches the description of what Tanjiro gave me. Think you can do that?" I said looking over at my crow.

"Consider it done miss." He said as he flew up into the sky.

I made my way to the nearest village so I could stay the night there and wait to hear back on where this demon is so I can kill him.

--------------------------------------------------------------