Blackout

They watched the video Peter had stolen from Luntz on the screen in the conference room. Up from a corner in the room they saw Luntz and Stanzler, and the latter describing in detail about the energy coup.

Luntz was less enthusiastic, Peter admitted, but he on the other hand made sure the scene was filmed, and naturally he did not want to incriminate himself.

The kid stood up and stopped the video.

"This is what was on the drive," Neal told the assembled. "Luntz recorded this meeting and kept his mouth shut, even though, we believe, he went on to participate."

"On Saturday," Peter continued, "Stanzler's trying to bring in this man to sweeten the pot." He changed the image on the screen to show an image from East Coast Hydloelectric's web page where the CEO had his photo.

"Chip Wheelock," Jones said. "Senior manager at East Coast Hydroelectric."

"With someone at the power plant able to flip the switch," Peter said, "they'll be able to escalate their plan."

"That means more blackouts," Diana noted.

"Not if we stop them." And he was certain they would. "I've been invited to an event as Neal," he said, and saw the kid smile, "so we can take advantage of this opportunity by slipping a video feed on Stanzler."

"How are we gonna do that?" Neal asked with a frown. Diana knew the answer to that.

"Brooke was able to get Stanzler's suit from the dry cleaner. We installed a camera in place of the lapel button."

Jones produced a suit in a dry cleaner's plastic bag.

"Check this out."

He got the feed from the camera on the screen and Diana smiled and waved for the camera. Peter saw the kid was impressed. In a weird way that made him proud of the FBI.

"Nice."

"Brooke will make sure that Stanzler's wearing that jacket," Peter said. "Jones, Diana, you'll be in the van."

"Always," Jones sighed.

"I like the van," Diana grinned.

"And, as a precaution, I'll be accompanying Elizabeth," his young pet convict said.

"As my wife's husband," Peter added. This was not odd at all. Diana chuckled. He sent Neal a grin.

Peter felt he had had enough of Neal as a federal agent and called Mozzie to help him pick the clothing for the occasion.

"It's a suit party," the funny guy said.

"Yes," Peter agreed, not sure if it was a question.

"So you want to wear a suit without looking like a Suit?"

Peter gave it a thought.

"That summons it up."

"Easy, Suit. Dark suit, but not black. Dark shirt. No tie."

"That's it?"

"That's it, Suit."

"Thanks." But Mozzie had already hung up.

Peter joined the party with a microphone and a hidden earpiece, just like Neal. He kept a reserved distance among the people he mingled with. He saw the kid by Elizabeth's side at the other end of the round hall. God, the kid still stood with his hands on his hips and pushing his chest out.

Stanzler and Brooke joined the party. He walked straight towards Elizabeth, the arranger of the party. Peter tried not to glare.

"I've got Stanzler's camera online," Jones said over his earpiece. "Anything Stanzler sees, we'll see."