chapter twenty three

Start from the beginning

She says and she tries to escape my tight grip.

"You should start saying stuff after thinking first."

"Let me go."

She moves her wrist and she frowns.

"You are hurting me."

"That is what you are doing to me."

I let go of her arm and she looks me dead in the eyes with a scared expression drawn on her face.

"What happened to you?"

She asks and I can feel my heart and my stomach burning up.

She's right.

I did hurt her. Shit... That is not me.

"I- I am so sorry, y/n. I did not mean to do that."

I say, stumbling on my words and getting anxious.

I touch her face and run her cheek with my thumb.

"Todd, please don't touch me."

She says and she looks away.

"I should not be here in the first place."

She says and looks at the ground.
Her beautiful features are all I can focus on.

"Tell me how you feel about Neil."

"What?"

"You heard me.What do you think about when you hear his name?"

She closes her eyes and places the back of her head on the door behind her.

"Well, when I hear his name an instant wave of adrenaline and love travels through my heart.
His face is stuck in my head, all the time. I sometimes forget how his voice sounds and then, all of a sudden, a song starts playing in my head and his voice is humming a melody, like a bird."

She smiles and she takes a deep breath.

"But, when I look at him, I feel guilty. I feel like I don't love him enough, like I don't love him like I should be loving him now."

"I feel like my heart is slowly starting to beat less and less playfully when I see him and that my mind is starting to stop thinking of how much love I have for him."

She says and I can hear the pain in her voice.

She continues talking about him while I sit and listen like a stupid little bird.

Neil's POV

"I feel like my heart is slowly starting to beat less and less playfully when I see him and that my mind is starting to stop thinking of how much love I have for him."

These words keep repeating in my mind like a song that is stuck on my head.

Where did I go wrong?