I nervously glanced at dad then to my mom. Through eyes I try to tell mom to help dad to calm down. Tonight is my 18th birthday dinner celebration. I don't want it to be ruin just because Justin is late.

Sa tingin ko naman ay nakuha ni mom ang ibig kong sabihin kaya hinawakan niya si dad sa braso at hinimas himas ito. Tumayo naman ako at kabadong nagsalita.

"I'll go see him, dad."

Hindi na ako nag-antay ng sagot ni dad dahil sa kaba kaya dumeretso na ako sa main door. Sa pagbukas ng pinto ay bumungad sa akin si Justin with his casual attire.

The beige long sleeves fold up to his below makes him so fine. His jet black hair was styled sleek back. And to my surprise, all my worries disappear when I saw the bouquet of pink roses he's holding.

"Y-You came." I try to speak properly and not be dazzled by his beauty but my lips betrayed me.

He smiled a little. And kiss me on my cheek like he always does. Hindi pa man siya nagsasalita ay parang natutunaw na ako sa hiya, kilig, kaba at kung ano ano pa.

"Happy birthday, Ven." He hand me the flowers and it smells so good. I'm glad he knows these are my favorites.

"T-Thank you." The happiness inside me starts. Even after years of knowing him. He still has this certain effect on me that I cannot resist. At sa tingin ko nga ay lalong lumalala iyon sa bawat araw na nakikita at nakakasama ko siya.

Sa sobrang katuwaan ng loob ko, I almost forgot that dad is waiting for him so long ago.

"They're waiting for you. Come in."

Sabay kaming nagtungo sa dining area kung saan nahihintay ang pamilya ko. We caught their attention as we enter the room. And the only one who has a positive aura is my mom. While dad, is on his strict annoyed mode.

Bumeso si Justin kay Mom.

"Tita, good evening."

"Good evening, hijo." Mom greeted back. "How's Belinda and Donny? Are they not really coming?" She asked.

"They're good. However, I don't think they would come, Tita. Dad hasn't comeback from Singapore yet. And mom recently got sick so she try to get more rest as she can get." He said  "But she actually send a cake for Ven. I gave them to manang. Mom bakes it. She said you guys should try it before she launch it to her business. They want you to try it first."

"Sweet. Please tell her thank you. And she should pay visit next time because I miss her already. Nagiging busy na siya sa baking business niya. She forgot about me." She joked.

"Yes, I will Tita."

Sakto namang kakababa lang ni Vincent from his room. He's my older brother but he prefer to be called by just his name. Sinabi niya siguro kay manang na tawagin nalang siya kapag kakain na. Kaya heto na siya at umupo sa tabi ni mom.

Vincent and Justin just nod at each other.

Huling lumapit naman si Justin kay dad upang magmano.

"Tito..."

"You're late." He said with authority. My nervousness came again.

"I know. I'm sorry sir. I need to do some stuff at school."

Everyone except family call my dad sir not just because of his authorative personality but also because he is a retired navy chief. He retired at the early age of 48 to do business. He is just so smart to made everything he does in life worked.

Even Justin who know my dad ever since we were a child know that my dad had always had this personality side we both cannot used to.

"Coach called for an extra couple of hours of practice. I should have called Ven but I already forgot doing so. I'm sorry."

Dad felt relieved as I can see it in his face. He know Justin is an honest guy. He don't lie just to excuse himself. At isa pa, Justin already assured me a week before that he will come. Birthdays are like a yearly reunion between our families. Sanay na kami sa ganito taon taon. Hindi nga lang kasama ngayon ang pamilya ni Justin because of their business.

"Ang mahalaga nandito kana. Dahil may mahalaga din kaming sasabihin sayo. But before anything else. Let's eat first. Go on and sit."

Umupo na kami sa tapat ni mom at Vince at nagsimulang kumain. Tahimik lamang kami hanggang sa matapos. Nagsimula lamang ulit ang pag-uusapan habang kumakain ng chocolate mocha cake na padala ni Tita Belinda, Justin's mom.

"Justin." Dad spoke as he watches his wine being poured by one of our maids.

Dad don't like sweets but he take a bite of the cake and switch to wine. Wine is like his dessert. Alam ko na kung kanino nagmana si Vincent. But unlike them, I like sweets more than wine.

Justin just gazed my dad as his name called.

Justin grew up respectful and I admire his parents for that. He never disrespect my dad and always tries to listen to whatever he was saying. Even though my dad can be quiet authorative sometimes. And his words may came out rude.

"Have your parents mention something about Ven's upcoming debut celebration?"

Justin looked at me.

"If it's about being Ven's escort on her debut then yes. I actually looking forward to that a long time ago. Ven and I—"

Umiling si dad dahilan kaya napatigil sa pagsasalita si Justin.

"No, hijo..." dad calmly said.

Justin and I looked at each other confused. I don't have any idea what is this about. I looked at mom with my eyebrows furrowed as if asking her what is it about. But she didn't give any reaction.

"I guess they hasn't told you yet. I am in the position to mention this to you already since it is not only about Ven about also about you. The two of you actually."

"Rico, don't you think it's too early for that. Baka mabigla ang mga bata." Mom try to stop dad to what he was about to say.

But too late, Justin and I are eager to know about it.

"There's no word called early age. Besides, they have the right to know. Maiging habang maaga pa lamang ay nakahanda na sila. And knowing the two of them, doon din naman sila papunta."

"Dad, what is it?" I asked slowly loosing patience.

Tumikhim si dad at humigop ng wine sa kanyang baso. He looked at us with admiration and as if he was happy to whatever he was about to say.

"Justin's parents and us," tinuro niya si mom. "have planned your engagement with Justin on your 18th birthday. We will announce it to your debut where all of our family, friends and business partners were, once settled."

Kita ko ang pagbabago sa ekspresyon ni Justin na halatang ang pagkagulat. Ganoon din si Vince na kung kanina ay walang pakialam sa isang tabi na kumakain ay napatigil din. Mom is waiting for my reaction and giving me that 'hope this is okay for you' look.

I held Justin's hand underneath the table that's why he looked at me.

"I don't know any of this, I swear." I whispered.

I can't really read Justin's reaction but what's sure is that, he tries to stay still and not be bothered at all. After all, he doesn't want to disrespect my dad. He is silent as much as possible.

"I-I haven't heard about it, Tito." He answered.

I let go of his hand and embrassed. Hindi ko dapat ginawa 'yon. He might felt uncomfortable.

"Then atleast you already are. Just wait and they'll tell you about it sooner later, before Ven's debut. It's two weeks from now."

"Yes..." tumango si Justin. Kita ko ang pagka seryoso sa kanyang mukha na tila nabigla sa mga nangyayari. Hindi ko rin naman ito inaasahan. "I think they really should." He said as he take a glance of me.