Baela and Rhaena were there too, and the women sat opposite the men on one side of the table. I took my seat across from Daemon, and I could feel his stare burning into me as dinner was served–ignoring him was not an option. The conversation was light, and my brothers asked me all the questions about my stay in Kings Landing as they could; I was happy to answer most of them.

Being back home with family brought me comfort. The laughter around the table left a sharp pain in my heart, and I wished Aemond was here to experience how an authentic family meal should be. I had to remind myself that he was not here and not coming.

After dinner, Jacerys and Lucerys stood tall next to me, showing me how much they had grown since I'd been gone. This earned a laugh from my mother and Daemon. "I'm still only just taller than you, Luke," I laughed, shoving my brother to the side.

Music began to play in this happiest tune, and all of us children danced with one another–by the end of the night, I was sore from laughter. I had not laughed like that in a long time, and it felt nice. As everything quieted down, my mind wandered to Aemond again. Was he back from Dorne yet? Had he seen I had left? Did he miss me? Was he on his way here right now on Vhgar?

I made my way back to my chambers–still thinking of Aemond–when a voice called to me. I turned and saw Daemon standing in the hallway with his arms crossed, and I knew he had found me out. As he approaches, I hold my breath and start thinking of all the ways I could escape this conversation. Daemon was clever, and I knew I could not fool him as I had done with the rest of my family; my father was more intelligent than that and a cunning man.

"Daughter," he hums, leaning against the wall, "would you like to reveal the truth of your return or should I force it out of you?"

I swallow the lump in my throat and hold my hands tightly together behind my back. "What truth?" I asked, knowing that this would get me in more trouble.

Daemon pushes himself off the wall and steps closer. I feel my nausea come back as he towers over me. "This truth," he speaks, pulling the sleeve of my dress off my shoulder to reveal a deep purple bruise.

I shut my eyes tightly to try and avoid Daemons' harsh stare, but it is of no use. "Look at me, Visenya," he demands, and I slowly open my eyes, "what did I tell you?"

He states more than asks, and I shrink away. I'm embarrassed of myself and letting the truth be found out, I had been so careful not to tell a soul, and here I was, being shunned for being a victim. Tears form in my eyes, and my lip trembles, "I'm sorry."

Daemon is confused by my apology and looks around for anyone listening to our conversation. "Did Prince Aemond not do this?" He leans in and whispers.

Now it's my turn to be confused. This bruise was the opposite of what Aemond had done to me in our time together. I shake my head no and Daemon studies my face, finally understanding what had caused this bruise. "You are not with child, are you?"

I shake my head again, and Daemon sighs. "I have to tell Rhaenyra of this," he said, pulling my sleeve back up to cover the bruise.

"No!" I shout, gripping his shoulders tightly, "nobody must know."

"Then give me a name daughter, and I shall have their cock chopped off and fed to Caraxes," his tone is one of disgust and anger.

I shake my head for the third time, "there will be no name nor cock chopping."

"Visenya," Daemon warns, "either give me a name or I tell your mother."

I sigh and take a deep breath. "Daemon, I have it under control–" Lie "–you have no reason to worry–" Lie "–and I am okay." All lies.