"I'll go buy you some." Chifuyu promises, voice shaky.

"We'll split it right? I wanna eat it with Illumi too..." Baji wonders aloud.

Chifuyu bravely held back tears spill over as he sniffles to which Baji grins widely at.

"Thanks...Chifuyu."

Quiet...the air fell quiet.

"...Baji?..." Chifuyu's voice strained, eyes red with heartbreak. His grip became unbearably tight. "No... Baji! AAAAAAAAAGH!"

A resounding crunch echoed in the silence. Mikey's fist caved in Kazutora's face.

"I'll kill you. I'll kill you!!"

"Fuck," Illumi panicked. Regardless of how cruel it might be, Illumi shoved Chifuyu away. He needed space. Chifuyu fell on his ass in surprise.

"Illumi?"

He ignored him, pressing his ear to Baji's chest, he could barely hear anything. Huffing he took out a knife and held it under Baji's nose watching as the steel fogged up and condensation built.

"Okay, okay....I can do this." Illumi's face grew deathly serious, he gathered his hair up and tied it up into a tight ponytail.

"Chifuyu?" Illumi called. But the blond didn't respond, too caught up in watching Takemicchi step between Mikey and Kazutora. "Chifuyu!" Illumi snapped.

"Wha-"

"Who here is an O negative blood donor?"

"I don't- I don't-" Chifuyu fumbled, grabbing roughly at his hair.

"Think Chifuyu. Think!" Illumi pestered. "Listen I gotta do a blood transfusion and now, the ambulance is too far out Kei isn't gonna make it! Chifuyu, think!"

"uh, am okay okay, Draken," Chifuyu lit up. "Draken is O, I- I remember him gloating to Mikey about his blood," Chifuyu gasped. "His blood it's rare, universal or something like that."

"That's good, " Illumi praised. "Well done Chifuyu, alright now I need you to go get Draken for me. We're saving Keisuke, he's not going today."

Determined puppy blue eyes stare at Illumi with all the hope in the world before steeling and running off to find the vice-captain.

Illumi watched as Takemichi tried to get the reasoning for Baji's sacrifice, his actions of trying to kill himself into Mikey and Kazutora's thick skulls. Baji killed himself so that Mikey wouldn't have a reason to kill Kazutora.

While all that drama was going on Illumi was removing his outer clothing leaving his upper half in a long sleeve compression top. He pulled out a clear sealed packet containing sterile gloves. He had no tray to put his equipment on, only some surgical paper and the plastic it was wrapped in.

"Mitsuya, get over here please!" Illumi called out, starting to cut away at Baji's shirt revealing the two deep stab wounds.

Mitsuya came running over, worry drowning his face.

"I need you to lift Baji, carefully so I can put my jacket under him. I can't have dirt getting in his wounds." Illumi said.

"Right," Mitsuya muttered under his breath, gently placing his hands under his longtime friend and raising him up so Illumi could lay a jacket underneath.

He looked at the wounds critically then Baji's paling complexion. He snapped on his gloves and was quick to take some gauze and saline. He cleared the side wound quickly before patching up the best he could. The stitches left much to be desired but it was the best Illumi could do on a time budget. It was shoddy but better than nothing. Illumi peeked at the gut wound before wincing and continuing on.

"What? What's wrong?" Mitsuya asked, noticing the reaction.

"It's... deep, I'm just worried it might have hit an organ. All I can do is patch it until the ambulance arrives. My biggest priority right now is getting that blood transfusion. Where the well is Chifuyu with Draken?!" Illumi bellowed.

"Here!" Chifuyu called, rushing with the vice captain right behind him. "Right here."

"Sit." Illumi ordered Draken who complied with no fuss. He set about taking out an intravenous line from a sterile package. "Now..." Illumi paused. "doing a straight transfusion isn't preferred nor is not having the blood tested but... it's all I can do. It's either take the risk or Baji dies right here before the ambulance even arrives."

Draken's eyes harden. "Do it." He rolled up his sleeve to expose his forearm so that Illumi may start the transfusion.

Smiling at the blond, Illumi grabs his arm softly. "Let's save Kei."

Illumi immediately got to work, he inserted the l.V line into Baji's arm using some medical tape to keep it in place. He then tied a tourniquet around Draker's bicep. Taking care, Illumi poked around for a vein inserting the needle when located. By now Mikey abandoned his motive of killing Kazutora and instead hovered near his fallen friend and his desire trying everything to save him.

Once everything was set Illumi sucked in a deep breath. "Okay," he opened the valve of the I.V line and everyone watched with bated breath as the line of red entered Baji. Illumi counted under his breath, in a minute he'd be able to tell if there were any unwanted side effects to the blood transfer.

Away upon piles of scrapps two brothers watched with devilish eyes.

"You know Ran," The younger of the two said. "We were always on about getting a medic for the gang." He nodded his head down at Illumi. "He seems rather proficient plus if what I heard early has any truth to it, then he's not technically with Toman."

Lilac eyes watched hungrily. "Too right you are little brother. Let's pay a little visit at a later date."

Wee- woo Wee- woo Wee- woo

"It's the cops." Rindo tsked.

"Let's go guys." Ran said herding up his gang.

Illumi kept where he was watching Baji's condition. As the enforcers came closer he detached Draken and pushed the boy to follow the fleeing Toman.

"Get out of here," Illumi said, leaving no room to argue. "I have names I can drop if needed. I'll be fine, Ken. So go."

Reluctantly, Draken did so having to carry Mikey with him to whom the whole scene looked like a playback of Pah's arrest.

Illumi side-eyed Kazutora who came to sit by him.

EMTs swarmed the three like the police carting Baji away, taking Illumi with them in order to find out what happened and what medical action had been taken. Kazutora was taken in for questioning where he confessed to stabbing Baji and Illumi was trying to save his life.

The battle of 'Bloody Halloween' came out with both expected and unexpected results.

Two Weeks Later

A young blond entered the sterile environment frowning at the lack of personality. He pulled up a chair and gazed.

"Baij....it's just like when we first met." He looked down at his half eater Yakisoba. "I bought you some, just like I promised. Half's for you."

A tall figure walked silently into the room witnessing the blond's bowed head.

"Baji..." Chifuyu sobbed. "Saying 'thank you'...that's not fuckin' fair...what am I supposed to do from now on?!"

The other person got closer and ducked their head down.

"Live for him."