Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Anyways they've just been good friends" She whispered towards her brother, "they're all i really have Aaron"

"Don't be stupid, you have me and us" He pointed around the group of boys.

"Ah yes all of your friends" She raised her eyebrow at him.

"Touché sister, touché"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey guys sorry im late" Ren said as she walked into the 'gangs' usual school hangout spot.

"It's no problem that the baby's late" Kev jumped up pulling her into a tight hug.

"Year younger Kev" She patted his back, "just a year"

"You've missed a few" He said picking up a present, "Okay Veronica it's your turn"

She opened the envelope with a sour face after seeing it, "Oh a gift certificate for a couples massage"

Ren had to cover her mouth to stop the unkind laugh from coming out, "Thanks Josie" She said smiling.

Next was Betty's turn which was again another awkward moment, Archie had gifted her a record from their shared childhood. That clearly stroked a nerve in Veronica as her sour face looked between the pair.

"Here you go" Kevin said placing a small, wrapped present onto Marens lap. She let a quick thank you while opening it.

Everyone was distracted as Midge and Moose entered but Ren couldn't take her eyes off of the bracelet that was shining under the light. It was small and silver, with a few different charms on it. A football, which made her inwardly roll her eyes, a book, and weirdly enough...a snake.

Ren didn't know where to look, but she caught Jugheads gaze and instantly knew it was from him. He gave her a small smile which she returned, a small friendly interaction caught by Reggie who would've begged to know what it was about.

"Well I better head to class you guys" Ren spoke standing up, saying a quick goodbye to everyone she headed out the doors.

"Campbell!" Someone shouted behind her, "Wait up Maren"

She turned to face Reggie. "What was that all about?" He questioned standing over her.

"What was what about Reggie?" She asked confused.

"You" He stood straighter and lowered his voice, "You and Jones"

Maren let out a scoff followed by a laugh, "Oh you're serious?"

"Maren, I saw that look and if i saw it then clearly anyone else could have" He folded his arms, "and if Aaron ever finds ou-"

"Reggie let me stop you" She put his hand on his arm, "Nothings going on, he gifted me something with meaning it was a simple thank you between two good friends" This time it was his turn to scoff.

"Reg im serious, although it's none of your business him and I are just friends" She smiled up at the boy feeling him become less tense. "Believe me"

"I do, I do just don't get mixed up in that shit" that shit, Maren thought, well it was clear he was talking about the serpents.

"Don't worry Reg, I wouldn't dream of it" And with that she walked off, ignoring the fact he was clearly staring at her.

~~~~

Ren walked into her English class and sat in her usual seat, leaning against the wall she sighed.

"Tough day?" A voice made her jump, "Oh im sorry i didn't mean to scare you" Maren looked to her left seeing a girl, Willow Thomas, a light blush on her cheeks.

"No you're fine, just zoned out" Maren didn't hold eye contact hoping the girl would leave her alone.

"It's okay! I do that alot myself sometimes i just zone out completely when the teachers are talking and then i miss so mu-" She rambled on before stopping, "Sorry i tend to speak too much" Willow rubbed the back of her neck before facing forward again making Maren feel bad.

"Don't worry" Ren looked at her smiling, "I'm just the opposite really"

The pair chatted throughout the class, exchanging notes and sly giggling to avoid detention. Maren was surprised by Willows friendliness, a lot of the people in her grade weren't nice hence why Rens friends were a year ahead of her, but the cheerleader was extremely funny. Willow had always seemed stuck up from afar, but looking closely she was really just a nerd who found popularity by chance.

"We should definitely meet at Pops soon! I'll text you Maren" Willow waved goodbye and ran after her cheer 'friends'.

"Did i just hear correctly?" Aaron boasted, "My baby sister, an absolute loner just made a- a friend?" He spoke sarcastically wrapping an arm around her.

"I wouldn't say that Aaron" She huffed rolling her eyes, "Just an acquaintance"

"My my wait till i tell the boys" Aaron cheered, hollering for his football friends.

"Lord give me strength" Maren gave out under her breath before running after her brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
so pretty much i've added a
new character, Willow Thomas.
Just because i want Maren to grow
and have a friend her own age,
as of rn she's 15 about to be 16
whilst Aaron and the others are
16 about to be 17.

Just because i want Maren to grow and have a friend her own age,as of rn she's 15 about to be 16whilst Aaron and the others are16 about to be 17

Willow is played by Amadla Stenberg
and will play a reoccurring
person.
Thank you all for the love,
my story was #10 on the Riverdale tag
which is absolutely insane.
so deeply thank you<3